• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's rushing to pop the BIN on this book....

11 posts in this topic

Smart seller. Very efficient way to get the word out fast that his eBay acct was hijacked last week. juggle.gif

Good point. I was thinking it was another hack, but the longer the auctions stay up there with the bizarre BINs...

the more it seems like a publicity stunt. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Smart seller. Very efficient way to get the word out fast that his eBay acct was hijacked last week. juggle.gif

Good point. I was thinking it was another hack, but the longer the auctions stay up there with the bizarre BINs...

It may very well have worked. We have two threads so far on his auctions. confused-smiley-013.gif

Oh no... 893whatthe.gif

A new way to spam! foreheadslap.gif

Should put up my low grade FF 6 at $49.99 and a one million dollar BIN so it gets some looks?

smirk.gif

Yes, on the one hand this might get you some additional looks, but the text used to explain the BINs seems guaranteed to scare of some prospective bidders. Do you want to run the risk that:

- the opening price for the book you're bidding on is in fact a hack too, and the seller really wants 2x that amount?

...or...

- the hacker strikes again shortly after you win an auction, and you get anonymous neg feedback for your troubles?

It may very well have worked. We have two threads so far on his auctions. confused-smiley-013.gif

You guys are so cynical - a publicity stunt? How paranoid a theory is that? It's just too desperate a ploy, even for me to accept. Stick with the digruntled employee angle - maybe by leaving the BINS on he's trying to lay a guilt trip on the errant knave in question.

All right it's a publicity stunt. grin.gif