• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nik's grading contest....would you still purchase from them???

56 posts in this topic

I undergraded most of the books so far. And regardless of what CGC graded them, I would not feel comfortable selling those books with those scans at there respective prices. Nor would I even consider buying from someone who graded them as such. That being said, I feel my grading skills are good in the real world. But CGC says I am a chronic scan undergrader.
There are some pointers I can give you. I will be sure to do so, as soon as the contest is over. :grin:

Thanks Mike... :boo:

I nominate Silvers... :acclaim:

(Since I took over his duties for Nik's Grading Contest...)

:banana:

I will do that. (thumbs u

:banana: :banana:

Well get ON it Butters! :sumo:

I will post mine as soon as you start the thread :gossip:

I nominate Silvers... :acclaim:

(Since I took over his duties for Nik's Grading Contest...)

I will do that. (thumbs u

:banana: :banana:

Well get ON it Butters! :sumo:

I will post mine as soon as you start the thread :gossip:

:juggle:

I suspect most people on these boards tend to undergrade rather than overgrade when it comes to these contests. For the last two contests I consciously added .5 (or .2) to whatever my grade was and submitted that and I still usually came in low.

I really slammed that last book because of the rust and got my first -1 that wasn't because I forgot to submit. :cry:

Then everyone's just going to undershoot.

I'm actually surprised that people take this contest seriously enough that they think it's a true reflection of grading skill. You can't accurately grade books from a scan, and nik is intentionally using "tricky" books to f**k with us and make the contest more interesting.

That's kinda funny considering Nik did take at least a few board members' books for the contest. :) But even I undergraded my own book in the contest...

Then everyone's just going to undershoot.

I'm actually surprised that people take this contest seriously enough that they think it's a true reflection of grading skill. You can't accurately grade books from a scan, and nik is intentionally using "tricky" books to f**k with us and make the contest more interesting.

That's kinda funny considering Nik did take at least a few board members' books for the contest. :) But even I undergraded my own book in the contest...

:roflmao: