• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is going to Wondercon 2009?

97 posts in this topic

I think Sean is talking about Thirsty Bear, which was my favorite location too, by a bit. Harley usually does LA in December but there was no show so he switched it up to N. Cal.

Yes. Thirsty Bear.

I think Sean is talking about Thirsty Bear, which was my favorite location too, by a bit. Harley usually does LA in December but there was no show so he switched it up to N. Cal.

Yes. Thirsty Bear.

and it's right across the street from the Gold Club- i believe that's where guys that like Golden Age hang out

I will have two booths are Wondercon this year - 925.

I will be in California for 2 weeks in sunny San Diego after the show so if anybody has a collection or books to sell please let me know.

I'm available for Golf, lunch, etc.

Bob

I will have two booths are Wondercon this year - 925.

I will be in California for 2 weeks in sunny San Diego after the show so if anybody has a collection or books to sell please let me know.

I'm available for Golf, lunch, etc.

Bob

Need any help at your booths, Bob?

BustedFlush and I are flying up on Friday for the day. Will be doing the show from noon to six or so and then out for dinner and drinks prior to flying back down to LAX. Thank God for the new BART link to SFO, that will be an easier jaunt then the typical Oakland run I have been making, I hate that bus link out of Oakland.

Glad to hear there are some old book dealers in town for the show. I like Wonder Con it is the closest thing to the old New York shows of the seventies I have found in years. It is getting bigger but it still has a nice feel to it, very informal and always a lot of fun.

For Golden Age readers, I recommend a visit to Ray Storch's booth. Great guy and he always has a nice selection of obscure titles, heavy on the DC's as I recall although he also has other titles.

Hope to see some of you guys there.

I may come up for the weekend. Will there be a forum dinner?

Unless one of the SF boardies steps up to the plate, it appears not. I may be making pilgrimages to Forbidden Island and/or Bourban and Branch, two excellent bars, on Friday and/or Saturday night. If anyone's interested, let me know. B&B is walkable from the convention, but FI will require transportation.

Any locals have good recommendations for a quick dinner and some beers post show on Friday prior to Bart. Let me know, I have been to a few places around the Moscone but have not found the perfect locale yet.

Here you go:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=s0&oq=soma%20SF&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4DMUS_enUS208US209&q=soma+sf+restaurants