• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Was The Most Expensive Comic You've Ever Touched?

95 posts in this topic

And what was going through your mind when you had that book in your hands?

For me, it was an Incredible Hulk #1 CGC 9.0 that Harley Yee had. He just had it out front on a table with some other not so expensive stuff like a CGC Daredevil 180.

I picked that Hulk 1 up and I literally felt tingly all over. I'm guessing that book is worth about $20,000? I don't even know. I thought about asking him "how much for this one" just for the hel of it but then he'd probably put it on his wall. So instead I just stared at that book for a good 2 minutes I think.

It reminded me of when I shared an elevator with Jessica Alba once. I was thinking "Wow, this could be the most beautiful girl I'll ever see," and I was thinking about how that Hulk was the nicest book I'd ever see and touch.

How about you? Any of you ever held a Tec 27, Action 1 or other super grail and what were you thinking when you had it in your hands?

why hold them, when you can own them :baiting:

Well, I can't compete with you guys on comics so.... I'll change the subject. ;)

I got to touch a Ferrari 340 Mexico a few years ago. :luhv: Worth over a million dollars.

Maclaren F1....the first one ever made...its in London in a store by itself on Park Lane...think the stores a tax right off of some kind.....anyways Tyson tried to buy it.....think Frank Warren offered bout $6,500,000 in the end and still got refused.....got in there and turned that baby on (the engine)....scary....

Very recently I bought a More Fun #52 from Gary Stephens. It is a nice 5.5 OW Pages. He also had/has a complete run of Action 1 - 10.. The Action #1 was a solid 7.5 OW/White pages 100% Original, Un Restored. A few of the other Action Book's were restored with minor color touch. I went to his place for the MF #52 Only. That's when he brought out the other books.

It does make a person very nervous and a bit shakey handed. But it was Awesome!!!! You have to realize that these book's are not slabbed. Every single book is raw. My More Fun 52 WILL NOT be slabbed either. It was checked out prior to my offer for any restoration.

So in order of being nervous and very careful.... The Action #1 :o and the More Fun #52 :cloud9::cloud9:

That's why I'm so broke now.... I have entered the installment plan on some book purchases now for the first time in my life... What a way to go.. :banana:

Hey TFL do you mind posting a scan on the MF#52? :popcorn: For me its a Sub-Mariner Comics #32 CGC 8.5.

For me its a Sub-Mariner Comics #32 CGC 8.5.

That sounds like a nice book :whistle:

It smells familiar. hm

Well, let's see... I've owned a Military Comics #1... a Batman #1... all of the Bronze Age keys, at one point or another... This is currently my fourth collection. In my hand, but not in my possession, I held and read an Action Comics #1, in roughly VG-ish condition, back in the early eighties... have yet to see a TEC 27 in up-close-and-personal range.

top 5 for me are:

Action Comics #1

All American Comics #16 Edgar Church/Mile High Copy

Captain America #1 Allentown Copy

Detective Comics #29 Allentown Copy

Flash Comics #1 Edgar Church/Mile High Copy

West

Thanks to CentaurMan and other boardies at the Chicago dinners, I've touched Action 1, a very high grade AA 61, Captain America 1, ...

I held Wyn's Action 2 Mile High at Chicago a few years ago :cloud9:

Win's action comics #2 is not the mile high copy!

is it? was it?

is there even a MH action #2???

B.