• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Was The Most Expensive Comic You've Ever Touched?

95 posts in this topic

Thanks to CentaurMan and other boardies at the Chicago dinners, I've touched Action 1, a very high grade AA 61, Captain America 1, ...

I held Wyn's Action 2 Mile High at Chicago a few years ago :cloud9:

doesnt the dentist have MH Action 1 - 25 or thereabouts?

Action 1 and Tec 27 30 in the same day in Dec 28th, 1977 . The comic store owner of the shop I worked at as a kid had a couple of copies of both and let me flip through them on my Birthday.

The nicest books I ever held were from a OO collection og GA.He had a Action 4,All the early More Funs.His gem was a 9.0 Marvel Comics 1.

This guy drew a one panel comic in all these books.Someone flew in from San Francisco to buy the bulk of them.This was mybe 1971.

The other HG book I held was the Action 1 8.0.That it before it became a 9.0 pgx...

I've seen the major keys in person, Action 1 Tec 27, etc. When I was told I could pick them up I politely said no thanks. While I am confident nothing would happen, I've handled comics/ antiques for over 20 years, there is always that accident that could happen. I go into a store /con with the idea do not touch unless I intend to buy.

I wish more people were as polite/cautious/respectful. :golfclap:

Sadly, there are SO MANY folks who open/touch your expensive items without asking first!!! (tsk)

As for my most "valuable" tactile experience, I'm hoping it will be the AF #15 CGC 3.0 I just bought - should be here within a week.... :wishluck:

Until then, it was a raw restored FOUR COLOR #16 (1st Mickey Mouse) I had and sold about 2 years ago.

There should be bonus points for actually touching the books not holding plastic cases because there is a world of difference in smell and touch flipping thru the pages that you can't even come close to holding the slab. 2c

I wasn't looking for bonus points.

I had to scan Centaurman's restored Action 1. It was nerve-wracking.

First time he offered it to me to look at I refused out of fear. But bless his heart, he encourages people to leaf through it. Amazing experience, to be sure.

excellent thread. not sure about what ive held, but back in about 1989 stateside had a Tec 27 on show at the griffin comic mart in leeds, uk. it was describe as being Fine and was £15000. i stared at it for what felt like forever.

later my mam said she wouldve bought it for me if she could afford it but of course she couldnt. any uk boaders know if this was sold?

I've held (But not touched) Action 1 & 2, and Mike Goldman's uberhighgrade Showcase 4, all fortressed or slabbed.

Biggest book I've had the opportunity to page through was a solid F Red Raven 1.

Best I've owned and read more than once is my 6.0 restored Showcase 4. Gorgeous book!

Well, after hanging with many board members over the years I've seen some terrific books.

There are a couple of moments that come to mind when i think back to all the terrific books I've seen.

Chicago 2007 Thanks to Brent Moeshlin I held a Marvel Comics #1 for the first time. Heck, it was the first time I'd ever seen one in person.

Superman #1 and Batman #1 owned by Filter81. First time I had ever held a copy of either and I happened to admire both in the same day....along with a Marvel Comics #1, Captain America Comics #1 and a few other books. That was certainly a surreal day for me.

Adam is genuinely a great guy and his ability to procure nice books is impressive.

(thumbs u

There was NO WAY in hell I was going to leaf through the Action 1!!! I hand it in hand. Felt the paper... I doubt I will ever own one though. As important a book as it is. I don't actually like Action book's.. But to have had one in my hands is just crazy.... It does make you appreciate the book's and the history behind them..

I think I held a couple of books that belonged to MrBedrock that worth a kajillion dollars. hm

It's really not the worth of the books though that do it for me. It's the desirability and how long I have waited to find one. The last three books that literally caused goose bumps where my FF 186, X-Men 62 Northland and X-Men 295. That 295 was simply goergous. Thanks Steve, Doug and Joey. :foryou: