• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

SugarSpike25-2.jpg

Getting a head start for tomorrow, are you? :baiting:

Christmas is Dec 25th. :whistle:

ll25.jpg

Maybe Schaffenberger's best "body language" cover ever. Lois hunkered down in humiliation with her silly pillbox hat, thick-necked Superman leaning forward in supplication, Lana hatless with her head thrown back in laughter (Schaff always drew her sexier than Lois) -- a great job! Plus it's another one of DC's scorned pink covers to boot!

Lovely copy.

Jack

25s -

or 6 to 4!

(Chicago before their lo-o-o-o-ong slide into mediocrity. BEWARE the sudden level increase on the weak audio at 1:20)

I'll use this one from Scrooge for my reply.

72868.jpg

Nice Binky cross-dressing cover! Must be Bob Oksner but it reminds me a litttle of Graham Place (and that's why I'm a lousy artist spotter).

Let's see what I have scanned on my disk:

Combat Casey 25

combatcasey25x.jpg

I Love Lucy 25 -- I got some 'splainin' to do why I got such a clean copy!

ILoveLucy25.jpg

It's even got pages inside! Interesting caricatures.

ILoveLucy25page.jpg

Justice Traps the Guilty 25 -- copy in the middle of a (sorta) judo throw.

JTTG25.jpg

Marvel Spotlight 25 -- slabbed Sinbad! Who's jealous? (Sorry, no full-sized scan)

MarvSpot25.jpg

Jack

ll25.jpg

Maybe Schaffenberger's best "body language" cover ever. Lois hunkered down in humiliation with her silly pillbox hat, thick-necked Superman leaning forward in supplication, Lana hatless with her head thrown back in laughter (Schaff always drew her sexier than Lois) -- a great job! Plus it's another one of DC's scorned pink covers to boot!

Lovely copy.

Jack

Plus Lois has too many fingers... :baiting:

ll25.jpg

Lovely copy.

Jack

Plus Lois has too many fingers... :baiting:

That's SUPER-Lois!

Jack

fortunately I can't think of any cracks about hands or fingers

hellblazer_25.jpg

Such a GREAT 2 parter! :applause:

Really? I've never read Hellblazer.

The cover looks tongue-in-cheek. Is that what the stories are like?

Would this be a good try-out? Is it 24-25 or 25-26?

Jack

Yeah, Really one of my favorite Hellblazer stories is in #25 & 26 You should read them if you get the chance, but they can be a bit trickier to find than other issues.