• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Mad #27 with an outlandish cover by Jack Davis. I believe this is the second cover by

Jack. The first was Mad #2

Mad27A.jpg

Mad #27 back cover by Will Elder

Mad27B.jpg

This issue has a great story by Al Williamson/Roy Krenkel, "The Lost Lives of Laura Hastings."

Unknown27.jpg

Mad #27 with an outlandish cover by Jack Davis. I believe this is the second cover by

This issue has a great story by Al Williamson/Roy Krenkel, "The Lost Lives of Laura Hastings."

Great covers!!!

ht27.jpg

Yeah, I'd love to meet the asbestos lady.

Nice books - all three.

L

She's hot...

(Thanks (thumbs u )

Mad27A.jpg

Mad27B.jpg

Unknown27.jpg

That mad back cover is absolutely hilarious!

Well, at the risk of annoying viewers with crass, showy scans of books already posted...

As #27 is forever linked with Batman, here are my Batman related #27s:

Here is another example of the silent joke theme on early World's Finest.

This issue is the Spokane copy.

WorldsFinest27.jpg

Batman #27 is the classic Christmas cover everyone knows.

This issue is the Spokane copy. In my opinion, Spokanes issues are often the best copy you can find of a particular book:

Batman27.jpg

The first appearance of Batman is probably one of the most recognized cover of any comic book. This is the first time I have ever shown my copy. Unfortunately, the layers in the fortress holder have caused some interference patterns and an overall damping down of the appearance, but it's still pretty to see...

det27a-1.jpg

...And a real in-your-face version!

det27a.jpg

Gorgeous books. I only own one Spokane and it is stunning.

Ken

Haven't posted any since #21 day. Thought I'd play catch-up. Sorry if any of these have been posted.

Another DC Funny Animal run with one Buzzy!

Cool Buzzy Thunderstorm black cover. Would love to find this one high grade.

Buzzy26.jpg

And the wolf still can't get one over on tha pig.

PeterPorkchops24.jpg

PeterPorkchops25.jpg

And the greatest Funny Animals of all...at least in my humble opinion...

RSC23.jpg

And the last of my Three Mouseketeers

TTM25.jpg

I'll post a few more and then dig out some #27's

Great stuff -- you had a water theme going!

Fox and Crow are your favorite, even over Walt Kelly's funny animals?

They did tend to have some of the wittiest stories at DC.

I love the cartooning on Three Mouseketeers -- all Sheldon Mayer, right?

Jack

As DC Funny Animals go I prefer Fox and Crow. Though Dodo and Frog are right there as well. :tonofbricks:I believe Mayer did most all the Mouseketeers. I'm only missing 3 out of the original 26 issues. Never even occured to me that there was a water theme going on there. lol Your so observant Jack. (thumbs u

Here is one of the great Lois Lane covers.

Lana and Superman actually look like newly-weds!

LoisLane26.jpg

Dang...I need that one :frustrated:

On a side note...I gotta think heat visioned steak wouldn't be as good as charcoaled grilled steak...

What!!! Silver has no Lois 26? Great copy Steelcity. Darn...if I had only known I would have shown mine as well. :devil:

As DC Funny Animals go I prefer Fox and Crow. Though Dodo and Frog are right there as well. :tonofbricks:I believe Mayer did most all the Mouseketeers. I'm only missing 3 out of the original 26 issues. Never even occured to me that there was a water theme going on there. lol Your so observant Jack. (thumbs u

I am the exact opposite, with Fox & crow a Hair behind D&F. This was a great batch of covers, it's making think I should just get Fairs of all the titles to have them.