• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Two more Go-Go Checks for Aquaman and Atom. Like Bonds25 I love this Aquaman cover. Bonds25's scan did not do this cover justice. The book is much more richer in color. Hope you don't mind dude.

Aquaman30.jpg

Atom30.jpg

Such deep colors. Are these photos as opposed to scans?

Metamorpho moved up quickly in the DC universe...pallbearer for Aquaman?

If the Powers at DC had decided to put him in Justice League of America (#42), Metamorpho woulda been a contender. Wasn't that partly because of different editors with different turf? Schwartz on JLA, Kashdan on Metamorpho?

Jack

Two more Go-Go Checks for Aquaman and Atom. Like Bonds25 I love this Aquaman cover. Bonds25's scan did not do this cover justice. The book is much more richer in color. Hope you don't mind dude.

Aquaman30.jpg

Atom30.jpg

Such deep colors. Are these photos as opposed to scans?

Yes taken with digital SLR. My scanner is down at the moment but this is much faster and I think much nicer.

Great Terry Toons Scrooge, did you get that one from me?

Yup. Good memory. (thumbs u

I've also sent it on its merry way to someone else's collection :sorry:

Btw, Biff is WAY worse than Robin :sumo: ... even though hm why is it that these super-heroes always find their side-kick at the Circus? (shrug)

I thought Seadevils was going to beat me to posting this one...

3058424650_401108c7f1_o.jpg

Awesome Shiverbones. I do not have that one. Thanks for sharing!! (thumbs u

Beat me to it.

I don't like to post "echoes" but I'll make an exception this time.

Ditto, ditto and ditto.

Gerber no-show (not that he bothered much w/ funny animals) and a generic scarcity index of 5. I bet that's an underestimate.

Jack

Great Terry Toons Scrooge, did you get that one from me?

Yup. Good memory. (thumbs u

I've also sent it on its merry way to someone else's collection :sorry:

Btw, Biff is WAY worse than Robin :sumo: ... even though hm why is it that these super-heroes always find their side-kick at the Circus? (shrug)

:) it's the carny life I guess, leads one to go into sidekickdom.

I thought Seadevils was going to beat me to posting this one...

3058424650_401108c7f1_o.jpg

Awesome Shiverbones. I do not have that one. Thanks for sharing!! (thumbs u

Beat me to it.

I don't like to post "echoes" but I'll make an exception this time.

Ditto, ditto and ditto.

Gerber no-show (not that he bothered much w/ funny animals) and a generic scarcity index of 5. I bet that's an underestimate.

Jack

Well, it took me a year of constant searching to find one, so I was convinced it was very hard to find, then 3 copies showed up in the next 2 months, so who knows. Since then I have not seen more than 1 for sale, so my guess is it's the equivelent of a Gerber 6.

Aquaman30.jpg

Not at all - your scan is WAY better than mine! :golfclap:

Who doesn't love Hillbilly Transvestites?

Every time I see that bizarre cover, I wonder whether there's a story inside to explain what's going on.

Jack

I read the story a few years ago, from what I remember it was very strange. When I get home from work I'll pull it out again.

One more that caught my eye while trawling through a bargain bin -- What If…? Vol 2 #30 from Oct-91.

WhatIf30.jpg

What If Fantastic Four's second child had lived?? Considering that I dropped out of Marvel continuity just after their first child was born, this was a revelation to me. Second child? Did Sue have a miscarriage in a later FF storyline?

Not a bad cover -- looks like the cover artist (Dale Eaglesham? He did interiors) decided to homage Kirby's floating heads.

Do I dare to break this gem out of the baggy to read it, risking it falling from fine- to very good+? What a quandary.

Jack