• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

... a few more -

Wow! They're all fun, but this might be my favorite of your group! Nice copy too.

74272.jpg

Love the colors on that one (did Cole color his own covers?), especially the eye shadow on the bear.

I guess Charlton didn't believe in being too subtle. lol

... so long as the presses were running, Charlton's head honchos (Santangelo and Levy) were happy. Heck, in their mind, the best thing that the company did is probably get flooded so they could get the insurance money. Probably worth more than the assets in the plant.

Think about the lost opportunities here since the editors, writers and at times artists were housed under the same roof as the printing plants and the engraving / coloring department and yet no effort to take advantage of having the entire process from idea to paper under one roof was effort made. :boo:

No way I can follow that, but...

I'm with you. Good thing this is not a competition. At least, you should be happy to know I've never seen the books you've posted. I kinda like the AWC cover. (thumbs u

Thanks, I'm glad it's not a competition! besides all the good stuff is posted before I get home from work :P

Give that Marshall Rogers, Terry Austin run on Dr Strange a chance, that was fun stuff.

My favorite 48 by far....Startling Comics from 1947.

Schomburg airbrush goodness!!! :luhv:

... a few more -

Wow! They're all fun, but this might be my favorite of your group! Nice copy too.

74272.jpg

Love the colors on that one (did Cole color his own covers?), especially the eye shadow on the bear.

He was quoted as having a hand in colors of at least some of his covers and, in the case of Star Comics, it was his company and he received color proofs.