• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

What an exquisite copy! You must have had to wait months for it (or at least it seemed that way). :grin:

74353.jpg

Glad you quoted that. For the life of me last night I couldn't remember if I got this from you or from 143ksk (my other source for Airboys). I was thanking whomever b/c the Airboy story is by Kida and the Heap is by Infantino / Starr. Kida remains the best artist on Airboy even though Schroeder drew more stories.

What an exquisite copy! You must have had to wait months for it (or at least it seemed that way). :grin:

74353.jpg

Glad you quoted that. For the life of me last night I couldn't remember if I got this from you or from 143ksk (my other source for Airboys). I was thanking whomever b/c the Airboy story is by Kida and the Heap is by Infantino / Starr. Kida remains the best artist on Airboy even though Schroeder drew more stories.

D'OH -- the price should have been double whatever I let it go for! What a pushover I was!

Glad you like it in all its ragged glory.

Jack

Next a couple 60's 50's...I can't thik of a single 60's 50 I do not own but these are near perfect.

Aquaman50.jpg

Yours has black smudges along the spine in the exact same places as my copy. hm

Aquaman50.jpg

a DC "bubble" cover:

ll50.jpg

The classic Lois Lane cover! Oddball details everywhere.

Lana's goo-goo eyes get me every time.

Jack

Schaffenburger is pretty under rated, a very good artist.

He did his Bubbles well. :applause:

Just didn't always count his fingers.

SA050-RC-1.jpg

(worship) Had a feeling this one was coming. Seen it before but can't see it enough. I love that plane hanging in midair, about to be grabbed.