• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Here's a cool cover I've never seen (thumbs u

Glad you liked it. Didn't know if anyone cared to see some of the 80's stuff. I really liked this series. I purchased the entire run from my local comic shop as they came out.

I wasn't paying any attention to comics at the time, but I later picked up the whole series from cheapo bins. Not that I've read them all, but it just might be the best Superman book of the 80s (I've read that claim elsewhere).

It's fun to see all eras here.

Jack

Agree totally. I loved the DCCP series, though I don't (yet) have the whole run. I'm really enjoying seeing the 70s/80s books in this thread as well as the older ones.

Okay you 80's and Dc Comics Presents fans. :foryou: I have the entire run and I've been shooting the collection. So if you want I'll post them all as we go. I've also been going thru my All-Star Squadrons. There aren't many left but should be able to start posting them tomorrow. Too bad I took so long to photograph my Bronze and Copper collection of DC's. Just got through shooting the entire Superboy and the Legion of Super-heroes Bronze and Copper run to the last issue. Will be quite a while before we can see those however. But they'll be ready. (thumbs u

DcComicsPresents52.jpg

I have to say thanks to Silver for coming up with this creative thread. (thumbs u I joined the boards about a year ago and participated for a month or two and then got busy with life and did not come back until Silver called me and asked me to participate in the 365 thread. I've really enjoyed this and have been inspired to re-explore my Bronze and copper collection as I have always put my attention towards the Gold, Atom and Silver-age books.

Now these Bronze and Coppers are classic and have come into there own. And I purchased most all the DC's right off the racks/stands through the 70's and from 1982 on my local comics shop. I also have a near complete Marvel Bronze Horror collection. Most of those titles with the exception of Tomb of Dracula the numbers didn't get very far.

I'm finding that most of my 70's issues are still in their original (now yellowed) poly bags never boarded and show it by some spine crinks here and there on several and some curling as they would lay low in the boxes. :odoh! I've always assumed they were all nm condition. :cry: The collection probably averages VF+, many better but a few a tad less. I just completely ignored maintaining these as I collected Silver & gold. all comics 1982 until I quit purchasing them in 1994 (in order to buy old books only) were bagged and boarded. :acclaim:

However..I do come across some 9.0 plus in my 70's Bronze books here and there. :grin:

Just wanted to share how this has been a fun experience and hope you all have enjoyed the tid-bits from my archive. Now I've a long rainy weekend to re-bag/ board and photograph the collection. My goal is 450 books rebagged, photographed front and back all this weekend. :tonofbricks: I did 300 the past week in the evenings after work. :insane:

It's very likely the best copy in existence. The highest graded is 7.5. This one looks like an easy 9.2. Incredible.

Time to see AdamStrange's copy again :popcorn:

Not going to go chasing through Photobucket to find it -- too slow on my old PC as it took 2 hours to get through it looking for Everett covers. Regardless, the best copy I've seen is the WM copy that I owned all too briefly.

As much as I like the cover, I absolutely love the title story by Infantino.

Found it -- it was among the first 5 photos I put into Photobucket. This is the Bethlehem copy.

SA50.jpg

It's very likely the best copy in existence. The highest graded is 7.5. This one looks like an easy 9.2. Incredible.

Time to see AdamStrange's copy again :popcorn:

Not going to go chasing through Photobucket to find it -- too slow on my old PC as it took 2 hours to get through it looking for Everett covers. Regardless, the best copy I've seen is the WM copy that I owned all too briefly.

As much as I like the cover, I absolutely love the title story by Infantino.

Found it -- it was among the first 5 photos I put into Photobucket. This is the Bethlehem copy.

SA50.jpg

(worship)

I have to say thanks to Silver for coming up with this creative thread. (thumbs u I joined the boards about a year ago and participated for a month or two and then got busy with life and did not come back until Silver called me and asked me to participate in the 365 thread. I've really enjoyed this and have been inspired to re-explore my Bronze and copper collection as I have always put my attention towards the Gold, Atom and Silver-age books.

Now these Bronze and Coppers are classic and have come into there own. And I purchased most all the DC's right off the racks/stands through the 70's and from 1982 on my local comics shop. I also have a near complete Marvel Bronze Horror collection. Most of those titles with the exception of Tomb of Dracula the numbers didn't get very far.

I'm finding that most of my 70's issues are still in their original (now yellowed) poly bags never boarded and show it by some spine crinks here and there on several and some curling as they would lay low in the boxes. :odoh! I've always assumed they were all nm condition. :cry: The collection probably averages VF+, many better but a few a tad less. I just completely ignored maintaining these as I collected Silver & gold. all comics 1982 until I quit purchasing them in 1994 (in order to buy old books only) were bagged and boarded. :acclaim:

However..I do come across some 9.0 plus in my 70's Bronze books here and there. :grin:

Just wanted to share how this has been a fun experience and hope you all have enjoyed the tid-bits from my archive. Now I've a long rainy weekend to re-bag/ board and photograph the collection. My goal is 450 books rebagged, photographed front and back all this weekend. :tonofbricks: I did 300 the past week in the evenings after work. :insane:

Glad you joined! I've very much enjoyed the books and posts!

... and our daily Fight -

Nothing like getting a day started right!!! :applause:

Cheese :cloud9:

# 52 -

74488.jpg

You mentioned this as one of your favorite covers in the run -- I can't disagree with that!

What is is, some kind of haunted rope monster?

74489.jpg

Oooohh, white-hot metal! I bet there's some good metallurgy stuff in the story. One to watch for.

74491.jpg

One of the better WW covers in that part of the run, I think -- except the wizard is kinda cheesy (not quite like Catwoman's cheese).

Jack

Cheese :cloud9:

# 52 -

Boy Comics 52 -- Crimebuster and Squeeks!

boy52.jpg

Tales of the Unexpected 52. I'm not positive whether this is my copy or a scavenged scan. Looks suspiciously high-grade to be mine, but we haven't seen much of Space Ranger and Myra so I'll post it anyway.

talunexpect52.jpg

That's it! Very low on scanned 52s.

Jack

Okay you 80's and Dc Comics Presents fans. :foryou: I have the entire run and I've been shooting the collection. So if you want I'll post them all as we go. I've also been going thru my All-Star Squadrons. There aren't many left but should be able to start posting them tomorrow. Too bad I took so long to photograph my Bronze and Copper collection of DC's. Just got through shooting the entire Superboy and the Legion of Super-heroes Bronze and Copper run to the last issue. Will be quite a while before we can see those however. But they'll be ready. (thumbs u

:applause: