• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

:shy:

74933.jpg

What an impressive Tarzan cover -- especially the lemurs! There can't be many lemur covers out there.

Jack

hm I don't think those are lemurs...

74933.jpg

What an impressive Tarzan cover -- especially the lemurs! There can't be many lemur covers out there.

Jack

On the left? Not ring-tailed lemurs?

What else could they be?

Jack

PS

Lemur_walking-2.jpg

74933.jpg

Jack

Well, they can't be racoons as they are not native to Africa. Supposing the artist knew that, those are his version of lemurs.

Also, Jack, there's a lemur on all covers of Tor!

Jack

Well, they can't be racoons as they are not native to Africa. Supposing the artist knew that, those are his version of lemurs.

Not this one!

225664.jpg

I've seen Tor -- even have some of the 70s and 90s versions -- but never read them and didn't know it was supposed to be a lemur. Cute little critter.

Thanks,

Jack

JIM_57.jpg

Kirby is so good at conveying the size and mass of the creature!!! :applause:

74933.jpg

Jack

On the left? Not ring-tailed lemurs?

What else could they be?

Jack

PS

Lemur_walking-2.jpg

Maybe it is a lemur, but lemurs live in Madagascar, and Tarzan lives in Africa. And the drawing has some differences from the actual animal. (shrug)

Jack

Not this one!

225664.jpg

I've seen Tor -- even have some of the 70s and 90s versions -- but never read them and didn't know it was supposed to be a lemur. Cute little critter.

Thanks,

Jack

lol

It's time for # 59 where I'm at - I'm afraid the rats got to my copy of Airboy -

Whew -- they really are everywhere!

75005.jpg

Borrowed from an Avon paperback cover? Have you matched this one to its source?

75007.jpg

Jack