• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Missed this one yesterday.

Dennis68.jpg

My favorite Dennis cover. Nice copy!

According to my list, somewhere in my boxes are all of these.

Do they all have the same contents? I don't understand the Dennis numbering at all.

Dennis the Menace (Giant) 33 Mar-59 Hallden

Dennis the Menace (Giant) 6 Sum-58 Pines

Dennis the Menace (Giant) 68 Sum-69 Hallden, rep of 6. That must be the one you posted.

Jack

Nice copies of MIS 69, folks! That background cityscape is pure Infantino, and Adam Strange's crouch pose is quintessential Infantino. The figure itself looks more Anderson. Maybe Anderson and Infantino were in an especially pissy mood with each other that day. . .

Anderson would sometimes erase Infantino's pencil's prior to starting to ink. It didn't make Infantino very happy when he did that...

Missed this one yesterday.

Dennis68.jpg

My favorite Dennis cover. Nice copy!

According to my list, somewhere in my boxes are all of these.

Do they all have the same contents? I don't understand the Dennis numbering at all.

Dennis the Menace (Giant) 33 Mar-59 Hallden

Dennis the Menace (Giant) 6 Sum-58 Pines

Dennis the Menace (Giant) 68 Sum-69 Hallden, rep of 6. That must be the one you posted.

Jack

Jack,

The numbering is bizarre. How do you go from #6 in Summer of 58 to #33 in March of 59. That would be like 27 giant issues in about 8 months. Huh?? How about this?

My annual #63, Dennis the Menace and his Wish I Was Book, supposedly came out in the winter of 1969, several months after my #68 from the summer of 1969. :screwy:

Mark

Playing catch-up from yesterday...One of the greatest Atlas monsters - SPRAGG, the Living Mountian!

JIM_68.jpg

Love those "old spooky house off in a distance" covers.

JIM_69.jpg

Not a lot of action here, but I do like this cover:

ST_69.jpg