• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

No one has posted this one yet. Strange Suspense Stories #75. Reprinting the origin of Captain Atom from Space Adventures #33, oplus other Captain Atom stories by Ditko.

StrangeSuspenseStories75.jpg

Really nice. Thanks for showing this one Tony. The Question came from Mysterious Suspense and I believe some of the earlier issues of Strange Suspense.

A Gold Key for today....I know I've got a near complete run of Boris Karloff's Tales of Mystery. Just haven't found them yet...

Ripleys75.jpg

no...NOOOO Not the SWAN!!! :)

Yeah...with music from Led Zeppelin..... :cloud9:

AACCKKK!!! I shoulda waited...Silver's copy makes mine look like it was caught in a crossfire on tha warfront.

:roflmao: Timing is everything!

My Mystery In Space #75

MysteryInSpace75.jpg

Now this may be the best copy posted today. You have an awesome run of these Tony....Wish mine were as nice.

Thanks. This one was purchased off the stands. I was buying JLA at the time and noticed the cover blurb for their appearance, so , I bought it. It has always puzzled me as to why DC didn't cover feature the JLA. It's a great cover, but you would think having the JLA on it would have increased sales.

There are more MIS to come. I have the entire run from 53 up to the end.

Tony D.

No one has posted this one yet. Strange Suspense Stories #75. Reprinting the origin of Captain Atom from Space Adventures #33, oplus other Captain Atom stories by Ditko.

StrangeSuspenseStories75.jpg

Really nice. Thanks for showing this one Tony. The Question came from Mysterious Suspense and I believe some of the earlier issues of Strange Suspense.

The first appearance of The Question was in Blue Beetle #1. Mysterious Suspense #1 was released months after Blue Beetle #5 and contained Ditko's last Question story done for Charlton. The Question never appeared in Strange Suspense Stories. Captain Atom took over the numbering with #78. I'll be posting all of the covers of that run in the coming days.

Tony D.

:shy: Is today # 75? I do have the Airboy # 75 but don't have a scan ... Maybe later. The Supes is both 74 & 75, a bizarre early variant. I have another copy of the Boy Comics; it's higher grade and it's the US version, the version posted is the Canadian version -

75869.jpg.f5ba81bfae5cae8844b5718a26a28775.jpg

75870.jpg.babf90cc148765039e1f778ed67df3bd.jpg

75871.jpg.d7fd0682dfccc1dacdfcc5f659b8003d.jpg

:shy: Is today # 75? I do have the Airboy # 75 but don't have a scan ... Maybe later. The Supes is both 74 & 75, a bizarre early variant. I have another copy of the Boy Comics; it's higher grade and it's the US version, the version posted is the Canadian version -

Now that Superman 74/75 variant is bizarre.