• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

The spirit of '76 day!!!

First I think I'll cap off Silver's usual awesome Superman Family spread with one from the main man himself......

Sorry for the crummy copy...the stain at the mid spine is so sickening...... :sick:

Superman76.jpg

I post one of the most exspensive books today....perhaps one of the most significant #76's of any title........and nobody notices? (shrug)

:cry:

I'm not sure I think the paint smude detracts from it's overall apppeal....it's a beautiful copy of a very key book. I do think though that CGC would hammer it hard for that. They have killed me over 1/8 inch stains on the back cover...

Nice copy Keith! (thumbs u

Oh, and one other thing... :shy:

You should consider using paper over your copy board to take away the copy board lines, I think it would leave the picture with a better overall viewing quality than the grey background with white line. Just my 2c

The spirit of '76 day!!!

First I think I'll cap off Silver's usual awesome Superman Family spread with one from the main man himself......

Sorry for the crummy copy...the stain at the mid spine is so sickening...... :sick:

Superman76.jpg

I post one of the most exspensive books today....perhaps one of the most significant #76's of any title........and nobody notices? (shrug)

Oh, I'm sorry SD, I didn't know that was a special issue - just looks like Clark & Bruce to me...to be important it should be B'wana Beast & the Maniacs or maybe the Inferior 5 & Fox & Crow...right?

Lee :baiting:

The spirit of '76 day!!!

Superman76.jpg

I'm not sure I think the paint smude detracts from it's overall apppeal....it's a beautiful copy of a very key book. I do think though that CGC would hammer it hard for that. They have killed me over 1/8 inch stains on the back cover...

Nice copy Keith! (thumbs u

Oh, and one other thing... :shy:

You should consider using paper over your copy board to take away the copy board lines, I think it would leave the picture with a better overall viewing quality than the grey background with white line. Just my 2c

Well...2 reasons why I use the copy grid. Quick placement for shooting. And....it's obvious that every single book I own was shot in this format. No one can say that's someone else's photo. I kind of like the boarder myself...I know it's not grand ..but it serves a purpose. A little late for me to change as I have shot well over 2000 books (front and back) the past few weeks. (shrug)

Wonder if the paint smudge can be removed? Anyhow..I prefer paying a VG price for this copy than one with the general wear of a vg book. Course I probably paid more than VG for it. Seems like it was $500. Perhaps I way overpaid.........

The spirit of '76 day!!!

Oh, I'm sorry SD, I didn't know that was a special issue - just looks like Clark & Bruce to me...to be important it should be B'wana Beast & the Maniacs or maybe the Inferior 5 & Fox & Crow...right?

Lee :baiting:

Right up with them all Lee. lol Just the first time Bruce and Clark ever learned each other's ID. Very key issue.

# 76 - A two-fer actually. I pulled both Airboy 75 & 76 which should go together since they are the usual case of a continued story :o Airboy # 75 announces the completion in the next issue. Quite unusual in the GA era and what kid wouldn't love a story with dinosaurs and big construction equipment.

75916.jpg.428b07278d9d2b8f4a1ccf57cb9c4347.jpg

75917.jpg.292e180379727ff3f5ddbf2f6861a91d.jpg

Johnny Storm prototype?

ST_76.jpg

Dunno...but ole Ben Grimm better watch -out!!! lol

If it's hot enough to melt the door I feel really bad for the guy in the armor in the foreground...talk about dutch oven...

Superman76.jpg

You're kidding, right? That's a beautiful copy!

w73.jpg

hm Looks familiar...

ooops. . .sorry about that. Running on fumes.

w76.jpg

(worship) Purple, pink, yellow, blue...