• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

Here's the first Dodo & Frog in their own title. I picked up the complete set along with the Funny Stuff leading up to these in one collection a while back. The entire run I have is low grade. But the purchase price was even lower so I bit. lol

DodoFrog80.jpg

:cloud9: ice cream cone cover

A couple from yesterday...

The Midnight Monster is a nice Hulk prototype story. A lot of elements here are seen in greenskin's (or grayskin's) the first issue.

JIM_79.jpg

One of the most dynamic Kirby monster covers.

ST_79.jpg

Been itching to post this one.

SSWS_79.jpg

Hey Jeff,

I don't blame you. That's one of my fav. covers in the run. Leave it to Kubert to give us a close-up of a guy's face that highlights the drama of the moment. In this one, there isn't the usual "Die, MFs Die!!!" sort of pathos. This one is more existential look that says, "do or die." There's almost a calmness, deliberateness, and surrender about that look that NOBODY else could draw. Here's my own copy (1/2 day late).

ssws79.jpg

well I'll be pickled in pig parts - I only have one 80 scanned and no time to try to scrounge out more:

Modern Jonny & his lightning bolt:

JSA80.jpg

Have a great w/e

Here are my two for today.

Ken

gicombat80.jpg

My favorite cover of the run.

sa80.jpg

(worship)