• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

RealScreen91-1.jpg

Why does any high grade scarce glossy covered comic from the mid 50's look cool?

:gossip: Not all. Just the DCs.

Looks like I mis-labeled my file and posted this a few days early. Hopefully the viewing audience will survive the experience.

Russ Heath :cloud9:

AAMOW_91.jpg

Sorry Jeffro..Overlooked your AAMOW... (thumbs u .....and Jack posted a copy also and he posted today's Fox & Crow...... Paratrooper sported a sweet SSWS also.....

But I did not see any other DC's.....unless I overlooked someone else... (shrug)

DodoFrog91.jpg

Can one of you art/printing experts explain what's going on here? Very unusual cover, isn't it? The figures are "inked" in pink and green rather than black, and overall the inking is very odd. An experiment with how the different printing plates were prepared during the color separation?

Jack

HouseofSecrets91CGC94OW.jpg

Simply beautiful Dover!! :cloud9:

:shy: thanks.

two things:

some of my most fond memories are of searching the boxes of Eides in Pgh for Wrightson and Adams horror books!

and

I always wanted to start a thread of Blonde's by Kaluta and Adams. They traded the same model around or so it seems to me looking at some bronze covers.

hm