• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009...1 to 365!

12,875 posts in this topic

December 1942 was surely a very dark time. Here's proof that a comic book can represent a token of defiance and hope!

MasterComics33.jpg

That one's high on my want list, and I mean that particular copy you own, so cough it up. :D

Ken

A couple more short bussers.

Submarine Attack 32, Mar-62, Charlton. I would have posted it yesterday, but I just got it today. Not a bad cover except for all that junk at the bottom.

SubmarineAttack32.jpg

Heckle and Jeckle 33, Winter 1959, Pines. Ski covers are up there with golf covers as a collection theme, right?

HeckleandJeckle33.jpg

Jack

"Action off the China coast?" hm

I don't write 'em -- I just scan 'em.

Seems to refer to the story "Treachery" about a submarine mission to rescue some Marines from North Korea during the Korean War. They're attacked by Chinese Communists on their way to the Korean Coast. I think. Not exactly a high-water mark in the history of comic books.

Jack

Seems like 33 is a good number. Great array Bonds and the grades!!

33s (with some duplication) -

Great books, I am liking the terrytoons I have been seeing on the thread.

Jack - That Plastic man is spectacular!

Thanks. It was reworked post-code with a fairly namby-pamby cover

From this

plasticman33.jpg

to

plasticman57.jpg

I think that's my copy of 57 touched up a bit in Photoshop.

Jack

sb33.jpg

That's a wonderfully appealing comic from a simpler time! (thumbs u

One of my favorite sci-fi covers. I love Wood's rendition of the interior mechanics of the space ship. Great interior art and story in this one as well.

Ken

isf33300dpi.jpg

Wood learned the double-lighting techniques from Eisner but he took it to another level when worked on that spaceship interior shot! :applause:

It doesn't look like even Ditko can make a spooky cover about a maple leaf doom. Although it might help if the leaves in question looked remotely like maple leaves. hm

StrSuspSty33.jpg

Stan Lee tried to bring back the GA heroes in the 50s. The one that lasted the longest was Subby and this was the first issue in his own title during the revival.

Subby33-1.jpg

AAMOW33-4.jpg