• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree Sigs

100 posts in this topic

Whats the consensus among the board members regarding getting Pedigree books signed? Good thing or should never be touched?

And if you have any...post those babys!! :headbang:

I personally don't like pedigrees signed like DrWatson mentioned...there are plenty of other books that can get signed.

BUT, there are some exceptions... :grin:

cap168.jpg

I forgive you, but if anyone else signs it....ooooh you watch out.

edit: on that note, if i had a big collection of comics, and i knew it would be made a pedigree, i would sign across the front of everybook so it had to be a SS if slabbed :insane:

I personally don't like pedigrees signed like DrWatson mentioned...there are plenty of other books that can get signed.

BUT, there are some exceptions... :grin:

cap168.jpg

I forgive you, but if anyone else signs it....ooooh you watch out.

edit: on that note, if i had a big collection of comics, and i knew it would be made a pedigree, i would sign across the front of everybook so it had to be a SS if slabbed :insane:

Actually if you sign it beforehand it would be a Qualified green label, no? (shrug)

Don't do it.

Plenty of other books to have signed.

(thumbs u

Don't do what? (shrug)

AllAmericanMenofWar94CGC6.jpg

For me persoanlly, from the very start having someone sign a book years after it came out just doesn't seem right.

In the same year of publishing would be great. Getting it years later, seems like some cheap after thought.

And I know that's impossible for 90% of books out there, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

I personally hate this practice. (My OPINION, not saying it's right.)

The point of a pedigree, for me, is having a book from that collection exactly as it was. Being able to appreciate how the person stored the book, and in some cases even special markings that go with it.

Seeing a Crippen signed, for example, saddens me. The only marking that should be on those books is his code that he put on them.

I actually think a sig on those books devalues them, at least in my eyes.

All that said, I understand why others would feel differently. But really can't stand it myself.