• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Conan the Barbarian

92 posts in this topic

i love Conan books. Smith is awesome. i only wish Adams had worked on more them.

Agree that Smith's artwork on the title is sensational, particularly his later work:

ConanAnn1.jpg

scan0014-5.jpg

(worship)

Hope I win the 8.0 in the raffle. I have 2 raw #1's but aspire to own one like yours someday!

That's my 8.0 in the raffle. I upgraded recently, but I still have a soft spot for that 8.0. Not only does it present beautifully and have white pages, but it was my first CGC'd purchase (way, way back in mid-2007).

That's a nice looking 9.4 by the way. Nice centering. My 9.6 is a little off, but I'll live with it.

conan1cgc96and80.jpg

Isn't Savage Sword of Conan in BW though?

Yes it is.

But I think it is a benifit, not a detraction.

You get a lot more detail in the artwork, and things are much fuller and richer.

Definitely. Such a shame they've only reprinted it in a shrunken format so far. It really deserves something like the DC Absolute treatment.