• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grimm Fairy Tales Covers

117 posts in this topic

From time to time, I updated an old thread with new links to a zip folder with all of the covers from all of the Grimm books from Zenescope. I know they were being downloaded because the links were still alive, but I figured I'd just start off the latest update with a thread of it's own, since it was really unrelated to the topic that was at hand.

For any Grimm fans that are out there, here's a link to my latest zip folder of EVERY cover from every Grimm book released as to date, fully organized and detailed. (Only incomplete file is of Museum Editions, as I only keep quality images and these are hard to come by being only 25 of each are made, but there only a couple missing and they do not have unique artwork from other covers, so your not missing much.) None are watermarked, all are high quality images/scans.

Enjoy!

http://rapidshare.com/files/173800468/Grimm_Covers.zip

From time to time, I updated an old thread with new links to a zip folder with all of the covers from all of the Grimm books from Zenescope. I know they were being downloaded because the links were still alive, but I figured I'd just start off the latest update with a thread of it's own, since it was really unrelated to the topic that was at hand.

For any Grimm fans that are out there, here's a link to my latest zip folder of EVERY cover from every Grimm book released as to date, fully organized and detailed. (Only incomplete file is of Museum Editions, as I only keep quality images and these are hard to come by being only 25 of each are made, but there only a couple missing and they do not have unique artwork from other covers, so your not missing much.) None are watermarked, all are high quality images/scans.

Enjoy!

http://rapidshare.com/files/173800468/Grimm_Covers.zip

What's a museum edition?

Also love the grimm covers!

What's a museum edition?

The Jay Company is responsible for most of the Grimm variants, so I'll just copy and paste what they say:

"A Museum Edition is a limited edition comic book that has a handcrafted, all new cover. The finest parchment style paper is employed here with the top of the line inks; all products utilized in this process are fully archival. The Museum Edition books are individually numbered in a short run edition size, typically no more than 25 or 50 total copies. Each Museum Edition is uniquely embossed, and sealed by Jay Company in an ARKLITE™ protective sleeve. Signed certificates of authenticity are also included in the package, containing all pertinent information as well. All steps and efforts are made to ensure the highest degree of collectibility with this product."

Most are limited to 25 copies, some are even less. So it's hard to get a hold of quality scans of them. None of the art is unique though, and can be found on another variant from the same issue 99% of the time. (The Fine Art Collection ones however are one of a kinds! They were colored personally from the artists themselves.)

Hey, I was looking at what those museum copies sell for, and I got kinda confused when I saw this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Grimm-Fairy-Tales-RTW-6-Gotcha-Museum-Edition-TUCCI_W0QQitemZ260254837468QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0

There seem to be at least 3 kinds of museum prints: Regular, AP (Artist print), PP (Printer Proofs), but for the AP and PP, the books are numbered '# out of AP' (instead of # out of 25). How do you know how many were printed? What's the difference between the three? The sellers on eBay advertise it all the same, but that raises a red flag to me.