• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you like about the CGC boards

82 posts in this topic

I like the amount of knowledge that is gathered together in one place. (worship)

I like the buying opportunities that happen on the Forum Only Selling Boards. :takeit:

I like watching the Trainwrecks and Flamewars :flamed: from time to time. :popcorn:

I like sellers that allow me to enter into time payment arrangements! :luhv:

I like meeting people at Cons that I have originally met through the boards :foryou:

I like the graemlins too i guess :banana:

1) Meeting new friends here and getting my geek side a fix whenever possible. I have met a lot of great people here and daresay can call many my friends

2) Time payments for books I could normally never even dream of owning:cloud9:

Great guy here and I forgot that one.

Time Payments :cloud9:

:blush:

The Babe Test.

Oh wait....

The open minded discussion about the merits of modern comics.

Oh wait....

Well then...I guess the sales threads. By far the best place I know to get good books and if I can't afford them, at least look at great pics of good books!

(thumbs u

The close knit feeling I get from some of the posters makes this place feel welcoming.

The information in the restoration and grading threads. I am so intrigued with the wealth of knowledge on these boards.

The constant razzing which makes me chuckle.

Finally, that god awful sales threads that makes me want to buy all those pretty books. Actually, I love looking and am amazed at the diverse selection of comics offered.

First and foremost I would say all the great and honest people that

hang out here. (thumbs u

As someone already stated is the incredible amount of information

so many members have about our wonderful hobby.

The exposure to so many awesome books I've never seen before and

a chance to broaden my collecting interests.

This is a big one and the fact many sellers accept time payments or

mostly in my case sellers allowing me to pay on payday. (worship)

The last one is the handful of special friends I've made here and I

treasure those friendships. I don't really have any friends in my life

due to the many years of working shift work. Can you say loser

or is that loner. (shrug)

These boards are wonderful. :acclaim:

All the helpful career advice I was given a few years ago from the many lawyers around here.

The pet peeves thread has been beat to death.On the other side what do you like about these boards?
This may sound odd but I actually like the comedy that happens spontaneously from time to time. I like making the occasional whimsical image and try to get in on the ribbing. Nowhere else can I do that.

The pet peeves thread has been beat to death.On the other side what do you like about these boards?
This may sound odd but I actually like the comedy that happens spontaneously from time to time. I like making the occasional whimsical image and try to get in on the ribbing. Nowhere else can I do that.

I took the chihuahua with a wig more seriously Mica.

There are so many things I like about these boards.The sharing of peoples collections.I have seen some incredible books via scan that are just stunning.

It is kind of a bid disfunctional family.Everyone may be at each others throats one minute but calm the next.So many people have given freely to many worthy causes.A book to help out someone who had surgery.Hard to find cereal sent just because.And so many others.

I for one appreciate all the talk about comics.That doesnt happen much in my life.Other than on these boards.

Last but not least there is the humor.The non political correct stuff that used to be on SNL.

Dennis