• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you like about the CGC boards

82 posts in this topic

I like the fact that there is NO POLITICS allowed on the boards. Political discussions so often bring out the worst in people. I would like to personally thank the powers that be for establishing that rule and enforcing it diligently.

I am still pretty much a newbie around here, as I've been posting for less than a year. I did attend the CGC board dinner at WW Chicago this past June, but I hadn't been around long enough to be able to put many faces with user names. I have certainly learned a LOT in my short time here, and I hope to get to know everyone a lot better. I also hope to be able to put a lot more faces with names at the next CGC board function I attend. (Which will probably be WW Chicago next year.)

COMIC BOOK FANS RULE!

(Or so we like to believe. :grin: )

I like the fact that there is NO POLITICS allowed on the boards. Political discussions so often bring out the worst in people. I would like to personally thank the powers that be for establishing that rule and enforcing it diligently.

I am still pretty much a newbie around here, as I've been posting for less than a year. I did attend the CGC board dinner at WW Chicago this past June, but I hadn't been around long enough to be able to put many faces with user names. I have certainly learned a LOT in my short time here, and I hope to get to know everyone a lot better. I also hope to be able to put a lot more faces with names at the next CGC board function I attend. (Which will probably be WW Chicago next year.)

COMIC BOOK FANS RULE!

(Or so we like to believe. :grin: )

Amen to that.

The following people say it all:

the honesty of the people ive delt with so far

I like the friends, sales threads, geekfests, grading games, detective skills of some members, the GA forum, and the general vibe when everything is going well.

It seems that if you're not a jerk here on the boards, people will go out of their way to help you...I love that!

1) Meeting new friends here and getting my geek side a fix whenever possible. I have met a lot of great people here and daresay can call many my friends

2) Time payments for books I could normally never even dream of owning:cloud9:

The combined knowledge of the boardies. As a group, there's probably not a question that could not be answered.

I like the information, the bantering and the people that make it fun.

Pressing threads.

Who doesn't? (shrug)

I like a lot of things about the boards but number one is finally finding others that share the same hobby.

Why the drama of course, this place is better then pay per view.

And of course there are all the usual things. All that I have learned in my time here, and all the friends I have made where I otherwise would be stuck in Indiana talking to corn.

I love seeing pictures of all the fantastic covers out there. I also love reading different opinons on comics and getting info on comics that I never read before. I usually enjoy all show and tell post as well as convention threads.

I've only been here a few months, but it feels like home to me! :cloud9: