• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just now watched Batman the Dark Knight

89 posts in this topic

I dont go to the movies as they are way overpriced so I waited for the Dark Knight from netflix.

I actually was excited because I heard so much about heath ledger playing the joker, etc etc.

At the End it was without a doubt the worst Batman movie I ever seen.

Joker was to tame and frankly boring. (over hyped because of Heath Ledgers untimely death)

They ruined 2 face

Bruce wayne/Batman totally wrong

I can go on and on about why this movie and the one prior sucked, but I wont. I am just disappointed that the Batman Movies lately are so poorly done. It is like DC and Marvel just throw together slap a title to it and release it.

Iron Man

Hulk

Batman

Superman

Terrible, terrible, terrible.

Ok I am done ranting, I think I am in the minority here but I was just so disappointed I needed to rant.

I saw the movie 5 times.

I know why people don't like it, I understand why they don't like it, but I take it as it is: Another take on the Batman universe. Nolan tried to be more "realistic" with the whole series, and personaly I feel he did a good job. I would have liked to have seen more Two Face in the movie, but c'est la vie!

But yeesh, all the fangirl hype over Heath Ledger was rather annoying.

I dont go to the movies as they are way overpriced so I waited for the Dark Knight from netflix.

I actually was excited because I heard so much about heath ledger playing the joker, etc etc.

Joker was to tame and frankly boring. (over hyped because of Heath Ledgers untimely death)

They ruined 2 face

I can go on and on about why this movie and the one prior sucked, but I wont. I am just disappointed that the Batman Movies lately are so poorly done. It is like DC and Marvel just throw together slap a title to it and release it.

Iron Man

Hulk

Batman

Superman

Ok I am done ranting, I think I am in the minority here but I was just so disappointed I needed to rant.

So Iron Man was terrible too? (shrug)

They ruined 2 face

Iron Man

Hulk

Batman

Superman

Worse than the 3rd and 4th batman movies from the 90s? I thought the joker performance was slightly over-hyped but it was still pretty darn good.

Out of curiosity, what recent comic movies were you not disappointed in? I haven't seen Superman (and have no desire to), but the other three were pretty good flicks.

They ruined 2 face

Iron Man

Hulk

Batman

Superman

Let me guess, you absolutely loved Hancock meh

look lets face it. no comic movie will ever live up to our expectations (and hollywood doesnt care about us - we are not the general public).

i just enjoy seeing these guys on the big screen. DK was good, as was Iron Man. they wont ever match our beloved little comics so when we go to the movies or netflix you have to forget everything you know about that character.

Batman 3 + $ and Spidey 3 = Bad. as indeed are the 3rd and 4th part of all franchises

the fact that you can't bother to see a movie on a movie screen renders your opinion moot.

Why? I rarely go to theaters to watch movies, as I prefer the comfort of my home entertainment center and the drinks from my own mini-bar. I also love film. How would my preference not to go to an over-crowded theater with sticky floors, whining children, and over-priced snacks, render my opinions on any film "moot"?

the fact that you can't bother to see a movie on a movie screen renders your opinion moot.

Why? I rarely go to theaters to watch movies, as I prefer the comfort of my home entertainment center and the drinks from my own mini-bar. I also love film. How would my preference not to go to an over-crowded theater with sticky floors, whining children, and over-priced snacks, render my opinions on any film "moot"?

It's not your decision to avoid movie theaters as much as it is your small mind and lack of insight.

:jokealert: Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I don't watch movies in the theaters either. I live in a small rural town, and the nearest 'decent' theater with stadium seating and modern screens/sound is >100 miles away. Forget about IMAX, no idea how far I'd have to go! I was spoiled by good theaters when I lived in a big city, no way I'm watching flicks in the local theater that hasn't even changed the carpet in 30 years. :P I'd rather watch 'em at home, with decent picture & sound.

The only bad thing is I have to stick my fingers in my ears and go 'LALALALA' when people talk about movies not on DVD yet. :grin:

the imax experience in your home must have been awesome.

They ruined 2 face

Iron Man

Hulk

Batman

Superman

Maybe you should go see a play...

If you're not among the first 20 people in line at an IMAX theater, the experience sucks!

I saw the Dark Knight in an IMAX, and all I saw was the lower right hand corner...

So, tonight, I will be seeing the movie for the first time, on my 60" widescreen HDTV... I will probably be doing this from now on, and skipping the "theater" experience...

They ruined 2 face

Iron Man

Hulk

Batman

Superman

Wow. Are you sure you didn't accidentally watch an episode of the 1960's TV series instead?

the imax experience in your home must have been awesome.

No, but it takes more than flashy visuals and loud noises for a film to impress me. I tend to care about things like a good -script, dynamic cinematography, and the quality of the acting when I'm watching a movie. I'm weird like that.