• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics 15 CGC Blue (3.5) 1st Action ad for sale

34 posts in this topic

Detectives002.jpg

Up for offer one last time (had it on ebay before, and had some great offers till It was ended because of my refusal to take paypal-ridiculous fees) Detective Comics 15 with the very important early full page Action Comics 1 ad. This is what makes the book! Along with it being a Blue label (good luck finding one on the market again- I have seen only one other 2.0 (brittle pages) recently). With the Ad coming out a month prior to Action 1, it makes this issue the proto-introduction of Superman!

Asking $ 4999 (negotiable)

Shipping with USPS priority (free) and insurance ($6)

Accepting personal check, M/O and Bank check

mysticAndSuperman011.jpg

Pic of the ad taken prior to slabbing

I think it is advised by the powers that be that you put all your comics in one thread so as to not hog the front page of listings.

:makepoint:

And perhaps realistic prices might help too! This ain't Buy-It-Now land on eBay.

rantrant

Well to be fair to me, I had 3 offers over 3k...... but I still believe its worth a little more than that

Hello!

Welcome to the "Comics Market - Forum Only Selling" board!

The moderators have asked everyone around here to help educate new comers about the posting rules for this forum so that we can keep things running smoothly. So whenever we see a new thread go up that's missing some of the information required by the rules, someone will generally happen along and post this reminder (by moderator request).

You can find the posting guidelines here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1460472&page=1#Post1460472

Specifically, you should check out #2.

They are well worth reading, because your posts can be removed from the boards if they don't conform to the guidelines. This will help you to attract more buyers as well, since this is how people expect to have books offered around here.

Thanks, and glad to have you here!

I am just going by the market today. Look at some books , and what people are asking for them. I saw Marvel 9s for 9k, low grade restored Tec 35s for 5-8k. I really believe that I am asking fairly. And I do say negotiable!

More Tecs for sale...

Detective22.jpg

Detective comics 22 (7.5) restored CGC (Mod Pro)

1st Crimson Avenger cover asking price $1500 less than 50% guide (negotiable) guide listed at about 3300 .

shipping USPS (free) insurance ($4), will ship to U.S. and Canada international M/O (price varies for shipping)

accepting personal check, M/O and bank check

Tec22002.jpg

More GA DC......

Here we have a bargain set..... More Fun Comics 49, 59 and 61

books grade at about the following 49 (vg/f off-white pages), 59 Good- (taped interior spine tanned pages- playing safe), 61 G/vg (cream to off-white pages cover detached).

For all 3 asking price $1600 (at guide only) will negotiate! Individual prices pm me but rather sell as a set. All books unrestored!

shipping USPS (free) insurance ($4) to U.S and Canada (prices vary)

accepting personal check, M/O and bank check

MoreFuns003.jpg

MOREFUNSCANS004.jpg

morefun49-1.jpg

mysticAndSuperman031.jpg

What the hells is all the complaining about here? The guy has a few listings of big books and people have problems. The "regulars" do it all the time and nobody says boo. But let a guy with under 1,000 posts do it and you guys are out for blood? And in the morning.... Get to work ya bumms. And if you are posting from work, try working instead..

Great books Yannis! No reason that this krap is going on..

Now find some Detectives with Batman I can afford !!

Thanks for the kind words. I really am only trying to keep at a pace like anyone else here. But like I mentioned before, they are negotiable. As for pre-robin Batman Detectives....for cheap.....very tough

What the hells is all the complaining about here? The guy has a few listings of big books and people have problems. The "regulars" do it all the time and nobody says boo. But let a guy with under 1,000 posts do it and you guys are out for blood? And in the morning.... Get to work ya bumms. And if you are posting from work, try working instead..

Great books Yannis! No reason that this krap is going on..

Now find some Detectives with Batman I can afford !!

(thumbs u

Let the man post his books at the prices he wants to quote! Cool books, especially the More Fun! Bring on the Adventures...