• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quick question for you Jonah Hex fans

16 posts in this topic

Whats up with the right side of his face????(shrug):o

44352484659.1.GIF

44352484659.1.GIF

Depending on which version you are reading:

1. 1866: Jonah locates his old tribe and tells the chief how Noh-Tante betrayed him years before. The chief decrees that this must be settled by a tomahawk battle. Noh-Tante secretly sabotages Jonah's tomahawk so that the handle will break. In an act of desperation during the fight, Jonah pulls a knife and kills Noh-Tante. As punishment for breaking the rules, Jonah is bound and the chief presses a heated tomahawk to the right side of Jonah's face giving him "The Mark of the Demon". The tribe then banishes Jonah. (JH V1, #8)

2. 1862: After a failed assault by Confederate forces, Jonah is tortured by Union Capt Fulsome (under orders by Col Ackerman)by whip causing disfigurement and set afloat to scare other Confederates and show what will happen to them when captured. (JH V2, #13)

Current storyline combines the two events, with both events adding to the disfigured bounty hunter that is Jonah Hex.

Please bring me back on track if my recollection of events are skewed.

char092.gif Chris

44352484659.1.GIF

1. 1866: Jonah locates his old tribe and tells the chief how Noh-Tante betrayed him years before. The chief decrees that this must be settled by a tomahawk battle. Noh-Tante secretly sabotages Jonah's tomahawk so that the handle will break. In an act of desperation during the fight, Jonah pulls a knife and kills Noh-Tante. As punishment for breaking the rules, Jonah is bound and the chief presses a heated tomahawk to the right side of Jonah's face giving him "The Mark of the Demon". The tribe then banishes Jonah. (JH V1, #8)

2. 1862: After a failed assault by Confederate forces, Jonah is tortured by Union Capt Fulsome (under orders by Col Ackerman)by whip causing disfigurment and set afloat to scare other Confederates and show what will happen to them when captured. (JH V2, #13)

Current storyline combines the two events, with both events adding to the disfigured bounty hunter that is Jonah Hex.

char092.gif Chris

Thanks for the explaination...I never read the books and was curious about it.

(thumbs u Jonah Hex is consistantly one of the best books DC puts out every month. Most are "done in one", with a few story arcs carrying over. One of the books that keeps me in the modern market. Pick up one of the trades, I don't think you will be disappointed. Good times!

char092.gif Chris

(thumbs u Jonah Hex is consistantly one of the best books DC puts out every month. Most are "done in one", with a few story arcs carrying over. One of the books that keeps me in the modern market. Pick up one of the trades, I don't think you will be disappointed. Good times!

char092.gif Chris

Any recommendations?

The modern run is good reading - especially with Jordi Bernet doing the art lately. Far gorier than the original code approved version, My favorite incarnation is the Lansdale/Truman version from the 90's - some purists may not care for the supernatural elements - but I loved it.

(thumbs u #1 is the real reason. I will try and find time to pull the issue and scan and post the page where it happens.

44352484659.1.GIF

2. 1862: After a failed assault by Confederate forces, Jonah is tortured by Union Capt Fulsome (under orders by Col Ackerman)by whip causing disfigurement and set afloat to scare other Confederates and show what will happen to them when captured. (JH V2, #13)

char092.gif Chris

#1 is the real reason. I will try and find time to pull the issue and scan and post the page where it happens.

:cool:

The modern run is good reading - especially with Jordi Bernet doing the art lately. Far gorier than the original code approved version, My favorite incarnation is the Lansdale/Truman version from the 90's - some purists may not care for the supernatural elements - but I loved it.

I didnt care for the supernatural elements!! :D

My favourite book from the 70's and the best thing that DC are putting out at the moment, though that wouldn't be too hard.

The supernatural revival mini's from the 90's, there were 3 I think, were OK but nothing like the quality of the traditional and new stuff.

Anybody read Hex? Maybe the strangest and stupidest 'updating' of a character in the history of comic books - and I still don't know how he got back from the future!