• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robojo33... All star Western #10??

75 posts in this topic

Jonah Hex: I understand the lure of what seems to be a great deal on something you want badly (noticing your screen name). I also think that a few of the members here may have went a little overboard in their comments about what you have done or are contemplating doing. But understand. In this hobby, "he" is the devil. "We" hate him and not only wish no one would support him, but that he would go away and retire. Even I know of this character, and I don't know hardly anyone in the hobby.

Having said all of that. I think that you getting what you expect to get, is probably only a ten percent chance. Now, it's your money, so if you want to take a ten percent chance, then have at it. But understand that in the future, someone may ask you how your deal went and (if it does go decent), you will give a recommendation that will lead that other someone to a disaster. A ripoff.

This seller is bad news and it is only a comic book. There are more out there like this (or better). 90% chance you will not get what you think you are getting.

Do you feel lucky?.........................Well, do you? Good luck, sincerly.

Smartest answer I've heard all day.

I think I've heard enough. I've checked some past threads and beleive it or not this thread is being kind to this ROBOJO33 character.

Allright, so I was a it naive, I didnt know the extent of this guys rapsheet. I honestly thought he was just an overgrader.

Now I know (and knowing is half the battle!) Token 80's GIJOE cheese!

Thanks for the opinions expressed, some more elequently than others, but thanks to all none-the-less.

On a side note, if anyone has any All Star Westerns #10 for sale, I'm buying!!!

To play "devil's advocate" on this one... which is pretty hard given the history...

It would be SMART of robojoe33 to sell "lesser comics" which are legitimate.

By "lesser comics", I mean comics valued significantly under $1,000....

because we all know he gets more bang for his buck on the $1,000+ books.

So, this particular item, this particular auction, just might be exactly what it looks like.

A legitimate ASW #10 in CGC 9.0 blue label... it and other legitimate books

would "offset" the criminal activity that occurs so often with this seller,

and it would allow him plenty of "honest activity" for his feedback and track record.

Why rip off 10 people on $500 books, when you can get 10 positives and rip off one guy on a $5,000 book?

...all that being said...

I still think it's significantly less than a 50% chance this particular auction is legit...

and even if it is legit, it's still like buying a legitimate laptop from a practicing house burglar.

Devils Advocate here. Just for the hell of it... So Buyer A wins 15 auctions from this known crook. But all the purchases have been exactly what the buyer wanted. How can this buyer bad mouth this seller? He won the book's, paid for the book's. The known criminal ships them all. Every single book is perfect. The seller has no real case to bad mouth the seller.

I wouldn't buy a book from this guy. But somebody, somewhere is indeed buying from him. It may take a few buyers and sellers. But it is possible a book someone on these boards owns a book that was once sold by Danny boy. The main problem is the fact that he can somehow get some very nice books. I am not discussing his reputation or his lack thereof. Or the actual real conditions of these book's. Simply put. He has the book you need/want.

So you won't buy a slabbed book he has for sale. But you have looked a long time to no avail. It is a hard to find book. Even harder to find in a nice grade. You need this book to finish a run you have been working on for 3 or 4 years. Then you notice a few month's down the road that a seller you do like, and have done good business with in the past, has this exact book. What do you do? Simply not by the slabbed book because Danny boy sold it months ago?

The book is exactly what it should be. It is CGC certified. Now being offered for sale by a reputable dealer/seller that you have done problem free business with in the past. Do you somehow punish this new seller? Not only do you not buy this book. But you let others know this seller is dealing with Danny boy directly or in directly?

This to me, playing the devils advocate. Doesn't make any sense at all. As far as it is known. Danny boy isn't going to stop selling anytime soon. Sometimes you have to deal with the devil to get what you need. Or the devils associates, as it were...

As long as the book isn't stolen, mis represented in any way. There shouldn't be any problems in buying this book. But as we all know. Sometimes these issues get complicated.

OK, Devils Advocate is done.... Don't buy book's from Danny boy. He is a known crook...

The idea that my unrestored comics are restored, all cracked from CGC slabs, and even the CGC comics I offer are in some way tainted should haave already been proven to be without merit of any kind.

I am the most watched and scrutinized seller in the history of eBay, each and every one of my listings and dealings scrutinized for even the slightest fault.

Even when none are found, suppositions are made, "all of his comics are restored", "if they grade blue, CGC missed his restoration", "look at the right edge on that one.. obviously trimmed", etc., etc.

This nth degree of scrutiny has had the opposite effect that I'm credited with. it's made me the most conscientious and careful comic seller on eBay.

I even offer a right of return on CGC and PGX items if a customer is dissatisfied, and before a raw unrestored comic leaves here, I make triple sure that it is clean because I do not want to have to shell out CGC fees and postage if I'm wrong.

None of this is ever considered when discussions like this one in this thread, "Chances are that the ASW10 is tainted", are posted.

Yes, the chance are..

The chances are zero that the slab or comic were tainted in any way.

Note: I sent the winner of the ASW #10 two messages through eBay and two through AOL. In them, i mentioned that I was aware of the thread, and his being "scared off" the purchase of a perfectly legitimate item by guerilla tactics without any proof backing up their story that this item or any other CGC graded item i've ever sold is/was in some way tainted or tampered with.

I was very respectful and understanding and asked him to please officially let me know that he is passing on it so I can put in a final value fee mutual withdrawal as I don't want him to buy an item that he now doesn't want.

After one week, I have still not received an answer.

Hey Danny! :hi:

You know all those questions that are still outstanding? You know the ones. Wellllll...

Any chance that you'll be answering them this time around?

Or is it going to be more of the same deflection, diversion, and utter bullsh!te?

Of course, we all know the answer to that question, don't we? :/

I'll be back tomorrow if necessary. I explain that so I won't be accused of sidestepping the torrent of endless questions and requests for my driver's licsence that usually come after I post.

again, thank you to the CGC forums to allow me to respectfully address my accusers.

Interesting how you should mention drivers licsence because that was the last request made to you before you disappeared back in mid October, no doubt because you couldnt provide one. Thats funny the same request was made to comic-keys in the past as well and he hasnt provided one either.

You both use the same internet provider AOL, and yes i know there are tons of AOL users but there loads of others IP's as well and both your writing styles are identical in every way. Finally, you both have connections to Richard Koos or is it Dr Richard Koos? I cant remember. You two sure have a lot in common.

I'll be back tomorrow if necessary. I explain that so I won't be accused of sidestepping the torrent of endless questions and requests for my driver's licsence that usually come after I post.

again, thank you to the CGC forums to allow me to respectfully address my accusers.

Interesting how you should mention drivers licsence because that was the last request made to you before you disappeared back in mid October, no doubt because you couldnt provide one. Thats funny the same request was made to comic-keys in the past as well and he hasnt provided one either.

You both use the same internet provider AOL, and yes i know there are tons of AOL users but there loads of others IP's as well and both your writing styles are identical in every way. Finally, you both have connections to Richard Koos or is it Dr Richard Koos? I cant remember. You two sure have a lot in common.

Like 'Perry Stroud' paying for his eBay wins with an account in the name of 'Richard Koos', the name behind 'comic-keys', who is also Danny Dupcak's mother's partner? :whistle:

And I still have the Paypal records, if anyone wants to dispute this. (thumbs u

Oh, and for those who don't venture into the Golden Age section, you might want to update yourselves on Perry/Richard/Danny's latest venture...trafficking in stolen books. (thumbs u

You might also want to ask yourself since when does a 5.0 'Tec #68 constitute 'gorgeous high grade'? lol

Can't take any credit for this one, but I thought a :bump: was appropriate...

Robo is now offering a nice 9.4/9.6 Journey into Mystery #86 which it turns out is a cracked out CGC 8.0 (Heritage Signature Auction #826 lot #42160). Study the scans and see for yourself. The identifying marks are tough to determine but they're the same. Robo's still peddling the crack.

And where the hell did you get to, Danny? Where's your rebuttal?

Or were you called into a 48 hour surgical operation...again? :roflmao: