• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robojo33... All star Western #10??

75 posts in this topic

I tried as hard as I could to heed the numerous warnings against ROBOJO33, but temptation got the best of me and I put I bid in on this All Star Western #10 CGC 9.0. I won it for exactly my high bid of $502.00. I'm not sure if I was shill bid up a bit because his private buyer option wont let me check.

I know he overgrades but what can go wrong on an already graded copy??

I think the price is right,infact quite a good deal, I think at least.

What are the forum thoughts.

Good deal/bad deal?

Any deal is too risky with this seller?

Cant go wrong with a pre-graded copy?

Your opinions would make mefeel better before I go and settle up the bill.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180313796783

It's graded very harshly for comics typically submitted around that same, during an overall lenient grading period, having the look of most CGC 9.4s .

That's interesting bit of info... hm

Dont know this seller, but hopefully can't go wrong with pre-graded.

You get what you get. If you poke your hand in a bag full of rattlesnakes, don't be surprised when you get bit. I just don't understand why you would support such a notorious crook in the first place and then come here looking for someone to assuage your conscience. (shrug)

Oldguy was right. If Satan had an eBay account and cool books, people would be lined out the door to buy them. doh!

Robojo has been a serious Flag for me for a long time. People have gone to such great lengths on this forum to warn people from buying from him.

Buying a blue label slab sounds a bit safer than buying a raw restored book from him however at this point you already broke rule 1 which is dont buy from Robojo. When/if you get your book in the mail I would check the corners of the slab to make sure they have not been cracked and resealed.

Good Luck and remember to be honest with his feedback. You can also just leave a neg. and he can't do much about it as well with new ebay rules :)

Robojo has been a serious Flag for me for a long time. People have gone to such great lengths on this forum to warn people from buying from him.

Buying a blue label slab sounds a bit safer than buying a raw restored book from him however at this point you already broke rule 1 which is dont buy from Robojo. When/if you get your book in the mail I would check the corners of the slab to make sure they have not been cracked and resealed.

Good Luck and remember to be honest with his feedback. You can also just leave a neg. and he can't do much about it as well with new ebay rules :)

I agree with Watson and NY... There have been tons of books in the past six months that have caught my eye, then I go to the auction only to see it was Perry/Danny selling them. I just cannot support a guy like him.

...CGC grader notes will verify that this slab is untampered with.

Wtf? all that the notes would do is prove that at the time they slabbed a 9.0 western.... not that after wards it was tampered with and a crappier copy/etc placed in there? (shrug)

Just playing devils advocate here...

edit: still , his refund policy seems pretty air tight? :whistle:

You get what you get. If you poke your hand in a bag full of rattlesnakes, don't be surprised when you get bit. I just don't understand why you would support such a notorious crook in the first place and then come here looking for someone to assuage your conscience. (shrug)

Oldguy was right. If Satan had an eBay account and cool books, people would be lined out the door to buy them. doh!

(thumbs u

I tried as hard as I could to heed the numerous warnings against ROBOJO33, but temptation got the best of me

What are the forum thoughts.

Good deal/bad deal?

Any deal is too risky with this seller?

Cant go wrong with a pre-graded copy?

Your opinions would make mefeel better before I go and settle up the bill.

For an honest opinion of the book and price, you probably should of left out the fact that you bought it off the only internationally operating CGC fraudster with wrap sheet as long as your want list doh!

All that aside, it's a nice book at a nice price. Obviously people are generally weary of him. For even thouse not switched into the CGC matrix, his feedback is beginning to hint at the real picture for a lot of his customers (a.k.a - victims).

It's graded very harshly for comics typically submitted around that same, during an overall lenient grading period, having the look of most CGC 9.4s .

I'm surprised with over 5000 posts and you didn't know this seller? :makepoint:

Andy

5600 posts and you "don't know this seller?" - that's scary. oh, i guess andy beat me to this thought.

Your support of a known criminal's activities, the fact that you are putting money in his pocket and validating him, is sickening. meh

I hope that you get royally shafted on this...and then maybe you'll understand a bit better how his hundreds of victims feel. (thumbs u

Easy there Flamer,

I said I heard warnings about the guy, I dont know his whole life story. I heard he overgrades and I've seen forums saying the same.

I'm gonna assume that your 'over the top' response was for dramatic purposes and that that you cant really be that shallow to wish everyone who buys off this seller a "Royal Shafting" That would be pathetic, to put it mildly. I dont think you are pathetic, so that must be it, musn't it?

All that being said, I know nothing more of this seller than the numerous warnings I've heard about his overgrading. Some people have wrote some eye opening and helpfull responses, that I will look into right away. If these facts are true, then I simply wont complete the deal. I'm willing to take a strike, if he is as bad as he is being painted as.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Your support of a known criminal's activities, the fact that you are putting money in his pocket and validating him, is sickening. meh

I hope that you get royally shafted on this...and then maybe you'll understand a bit better how his hundreds of victims feel. (thumbs u

So does this guy press or something?? :whistle::baiting:

Easy there Flamer,

I said I heard warnings about the guy, I dont know his whole life story. I heard he overgrades and I've seen forums saying the same.

I'm gonna assume that your 'over the top' response was for dramatic purposes and that that you cant really be that shallow to wish everyone who buys off this seller a "Royal Shafting" That would be pathetic, to put it mildly. I dont think you are pathetic, so that must be it, musn't it?

All that being said, I know nothing more of this seller than the numerous warnings I've heard about his overgrading. Some people have wrote some eye opening and helpfull responses, that I will look into right away. If these facts are true, then I simply wont complete the deal. I'm willing to take a strike, if he is as bad as he is being painted as.

Thanks for your thoughts.

OK, I'll take on board that you don't know the full story. :foryou:

robojo33 is 'Perry Stroud', who is comic-keys (Dr Richard Koos), who is actually Danny Dupcak, a convicted felon...sent down for fraud related to collectibles. :o

With the possible exception of Jason Ewert, Danny is the biggest scammer in the business. He has been selling hundreds and hundreds of restored books as unrestored for years and years and has taken hundreds of buyers for mugs.

Whether the book in question is a 'right 'un' or not, to support him is to support criminality. (thumbs u

True. The guy is also a nut bar in person (or at least when spoken to on the internet). He'll threaten you with physical violence.

FT also humbly does not mention that fact that he along with many other board members already have first hand evidence of being burned by this guy.

I'm not sure if this is on his list of "alleged" offences but there have been known examples of books being switched within slabs as well...coming from the New York area by way of someone named Paul Candela.

(thumbs u