• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robojo33... All star Western #10??

75 posts in this topic

Can't take any credit for this one, but I thought a :bump: was appropriate...

Robo is now offering a nice 9.4/9.6 Journey into Mystery #86 which it turns out is a cracked out CGC 8.0 (Heritage Signature Auction #826 lot #42160). Study the scans and see for yourself. The identifying marks are tough to determine but they're the same. Robo's still peddling the crack.

And where the hell did you get to, Danny? Where's your rebuttal?

Or were you called into a 48 hour surgical operation...again? :roflmao:

let me try and answer for Danny seeing as he has gone AWOL again:-

I reckon that he is doing a 48 hour surgical operation....thats a 48 hour surgical operation on his comics lol lol lol. Maybe i shouldnt laugh as we are bound to see more trimmed comics launched on the unsuspecting.

As far as the cracked out JIM #86 goes thats probably from another consignor :sick:

I'll be back tomorrow if necessary. I explain that so I won't be accused of sidestepping the torrent of endless questions and requests for my driver's licsence that usually come after I post.

again, thank you to the CGC forums to allow me to respectfully address my accusers.

Forget about the drivers license. How about showing up at the NYCC in February and meeting some of us live and in person? I'll even pay for your ticket.

What was the interface the original CGC was sold through, and does anyone have a username? That would be interesting if it goes right back to one of the known names.

Impressive investigation skills ivegotneatstuff! That just blows me away how you nailed it.

Don't thank me... it was 86celtics that pointed out the books were the same books on a different post...I just added to it :)

Here is the Heritage Auction link:

Sold November 14th 2007

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=826&Lot_No=42160&src=pr

Here is the eBay link...sold 2 days ago

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=150318314199

Well, I know for FACT...Robo is a MASTER at the 'cracking and re-adding' art (*cough*) of CGC slabs, so take this information as you will.

I have been an unfortunate client of the 'crack and re-add' CGC theives that indeed sell in this industry, and because of so; examine EVERY slab I buy under a microscope.

I would be INCREDIBLY wary of buying ANYTHING from Robojo33, including SLABS!!!!

Afterall, he can open it flawlessly, restore professionally, and sell like a snake oil salesman...wonderful business accumen for client comfort.

Caveat Emptor!

I almost bought a book off this guy awhile back also. His auctions just looked to good to be true. If you have such high grade stuff, why wouldnt you slab it if its in the grade hes claiming. If youre reselling, you'd get a lot more on the flip for a slabbed 9.0, 9.2, etc. Anyway, I decided to run a search on Robojo and got an eyeful. I also would like to say thanks to some of the guys I P.M. about this guy ( you know who you are), and helped me stay clear of him. This is a great place to learn stuff and get info. Its a good place to ask questions and get info before you leap. Thanks to everyone on these boards! Have a great new year.

In case it wasn't clear enough, I didnt buy the book off this guy in the end. He did write a polite email giving me the option to back out, but after what I heard on the board, I thought it best to ignore him entirely.

Consider me "edumacated" on the subject now!