• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Christmas Loot!

37 posts in this topic

Actually this was the first year that I did not recieve anything - I am not saying this as a woe is me as my wife and I agreed on nothing this year so we could focus on our daughter.

But, the good side of the story is since times were tough, I sent my two nephews (5 year olds) a bundle of Spider-Man bronze books that were extras I had accumulated. Much to my joy they loved them.

One picked up the phone and said "Uncle Al, they are amazing" - hmmm coached? His Dad was cute as well since he said I haven't let him read them yet. They are very old. I chuckled and said - let the boy have at them- and if he wears em out - I will send more (gonna send more anyway)

Was real surpised to open this from my wife this year, only the second time she ever bought me a comic for Christmas...last time was 23 years ago:

ll34cgc2.jpg

this is what I got her:

a4.jpg

My guess is she won't be bugging me about comic purchases in 2009 :wishluck:

Silver......I was just notified by a local attorney that I'm your long lost brother. :wishluck::grin:

I didn't get my brother jack :shy::sorry:

Christmas night, and after a fine holiday and a big dinner my wife

(the lovely Cat half of Catrick) has gone to bed early, leaving me to

play with my new spinner:

aspinner.jpg

Love the spinner rack. Gotta get me one of those someday! :applause:

My girl picked up Doctor Solar (Gold Key) #'s 1-3 in very nice shape, a copy of Fletcher Hanks: I Shall Destroy All the Civilized Planets, and Art Spiegelman's Breakdowns. And, I managed to get two copies of The Dark Knight DVD this X-Mas. Sorry I don't feel like taking pix.

70728.jpg.46b85b454bfb00756ba610447d5cc3e9.jpg

Actually this was the first year that I did not recieve anything - I am not saying this as a woe is me as my wife and I agreed on nothing this year so we could focus on our daughter.

But, the good side of the story is since times were tough, I sent my two cousins (5 year olds) a bundle of Spider-Man bronze books that were extras I had accumulated. Much to my joy they loved them.

One picked up the phone and said "Uncle Al, they are amazing" - hmmm coached? His Dad was cute as well since he said I haven't let him read them yet. They are very old. I chuckled and said - let the boy have at them- and if he wears em out - I will send more (gonna send more anyway)

Family is most important thing to remember. Personally I feel our society has gotten too commercial about it all (probably from all the "Every Kiss Begins With Kay jewerly commercials). We should all make the most of what we have, and not worry about what we dont' have. Happy holidays everyone!!

Well its been tough to buy stuff this year, so we concentrated on the kids mostly. They did pretty good. Wife mainly gave me tools to work around the house and car with. I got her the perfumes she wanted and a car GPS (so she won't keep calling me and saying, "look up on the computer how I get to this place").

My only comic related presents came from Underdog who gave me some sweet SA DC Superman and related books that I have been enjoying reading on the days off .

My helper at my store gave me the Dark Knight Dvd which we all watched yesterday.

my comic loot was slim but good.all from my fiance. i got the dc archives "dc rarities" which has worlds fair 39 and 40 and another book in it. cool cause im obviously never going to own them haha. and she got me the limited edition expanded mythology book by alex ross, i already have the regular, but you know us completist types

Here is a shot of my comic related gifts from my wife this year. I was very impressed with her selections.

009.jpg

Special Thanks to bubbagump (Rick) for a great Spiderman Loves Mary Jane hard back for my daughter and an All Age X-men to go with it for my son. They both were very excited and My daughter started reading hers immediatly.

005.jpg

christmas2008019.jpg

And here is a photo of me with a none comic related gift but what could be better than reading a great comic while meat is cooking in the background.

christmas2008006.jpg

I was amazed at how large the Marvel Chronicles is when I opened it yesterday.

In adition to that, I got:

Showcase Presents: Legion 2 & House Of Secrets

Marvel Essentials: Marvel Horror #2

Savage Sword Of Conan TPB's: #1, 2 3

Conan: Book Of The Dead (?) (Dark Horse TPB I think)

Christopher Lee & Peter Cushing's respective biographies

A coffe table book on Hammer Films

DVD's: Dark Knight, Iron Man & new Hulk

One goof on my part was asking for the DC Comics Encyclopedia. I got it (the one with the new Ross cover) and realized it's the exact one I got a few years ago. Just a different cover and "updated". Foolishly, I thought it was new and forgot about the one I got a few years ago. (I hate when they do that so soon after the original print run.) I'll be shipping it back to Amazon soon. (Maybe the new paperback Marvel Masterworks will be available soon?)

Question: What's up with Showcase Presents: The Secret Society Of Supervillains? It was on Amazon in 2007 and 2008 but still hasn't been printed. Granted, I have the original issues but it would be easier to re-read them in the book form.

Plenty of other books (not comic related), clothes, etc.

One trend that really manifested itself this year was the few CD's. Only one for me this year where 2 years ago I would get around 10. The I-Pod has really dominated my music listening. I tend to just burn them in and never play the actual CD again.

I am overly blessed this Christmas.

My wife bought me a 6.5/7.0 Weird Fantasy #20 (so cool!) and a Marvel hardcover of Astonishing X-Men (hmmm - she loves all things Joss Whedon, so I'm not completely convinced that one was all about me...). My mother-in-law got me two classic Barks Donald Ducks - Christmas in Shacktown and The Golden Helmet, both about 6.0/6.5.

Do they know me, or what?

Cheers to all.

I am overly blessed this Christmas.

My wife bought me a 6.5/7.0 Weird Fantasy #20 (so cool!) and a Marvel hardcover of Astonishing X-Men (hmmm - she loves all things Joss Whedon, so I'm not completely convinced that one was all about me...). My mother-in-law got me two classic Barks Donald Ducks - Christmas in Shacktown and The Golden Helmet, both about 6.0/6.5.

Do they know me, or what?

Cheers to all.

Whoa! :o

You made out like a bandit :applause:

My girlfriend's gifts to me are still in the mail somewhere so she ran out before Xmas and bought me...

Shelves!!!

...which might sound lame but they were specifically for me to display comics in the living room :cloud9:

I also bought us a Wii which is freaking awesome and I can't wait to webswing with the remotes!