• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Christmas Loot!

37 posts in this topic

Merry Christmas to all! I didn't see a thread started yet, so I figured I would get the ball rolling. Show us or tell us about the Comic related stuff you got for Christmas.

I just opened up the latest Marvel Masterworks Spider-Man edition and got this the other day in the mail, which is the last of the ASM 35 cent variants I needed.

last_35center.jpg

Wife and mother (they're not the same person) got me an awesome load of trades.

Preacher Vols 8 and 9, DMZ Vols 4 and 5, Astro City: Confession and Family Album and coolest of all, a graphic novel adaptaion of 'A Scanner Darkly' from when the movie was out.

My girls got me this...

holy-sh-t.jpg

which shows how well they know me since it was right at the top of the wish list that I did not give them. This book has some hilarious reading and the write-ups are top-of-the-line.

With preferences like that you definitely have an appropriate boardie name. :grin:

Merry Christmas!

With preferences like that you definitely have an appropriate boardie name. :grin:

Merry Christmas!

Too true, very appropriate. I went through it and I have/had about half the books in here. Now to track down copies of the rest of the weird stuff.

Merry Christmas, Shark! And the rest of you guy and gals.

Was real surpised to open this from my wife this year, only the second time she ever bought me a comic for Christmas...last time was 23 years ago:

ll34cgc2.jpg

this is what I got her:

a4.jpg

My guess is she won't be bugging me about comic purchases in 2009 :wishluck:

Those are Underground Comix on the cover, but I've never seen this book...

There are a few other UGs inside like Binky Brown, Barn of Fear, and even a few foreign books that would fit nicely into the UG category. It's a really fun read and nicely illustrated (and the interior is not censored as the cover is).

I got pants, but my son got some great xbox360 games and my daughter got that new Elmo live. Elmo won't shut up.

I did get a package of art from jon yesterday with my Isis sketch by Mahnke so was nice.

Was real surpised to open this from my wife this year, only the second time she ever bought me a comic for Christmas...last time was 23 years ago:

ll34cgc2.jpg

this is what I got her:

a4.jpg

Nice book Silver. But DANG! She came out way ahead with the Auidi

:)

ll34cgc2.jpg

this is what I got her:

a4.jpg

Silver......I was just notified by a local attorney that I'm your long lost brother. :wishluck::grin:

Christmas night, and after a fine holiday and a big dinner my wife

(the lovely Cat half of Catrick) has gone to bed early, leaving me to

play with my new spinner:

aspinner.jpg

bspinner.jpg

cspinner.jpg

Happy Silver Age to all! (With a Bronze or two thrown in for good measure)