• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raising $$ for a New Year Grail Purchase - THREAD CLOSED

30 posts in this topic

There's a book I want to buy, and I'll be selling alot of stuff to put together the dollah-dollah for it. I've got a bunch of books aside already, but I'm considering selling one of two books - help me decide which one.

I'll also be posting other "help me decide" choices once I iron out some decisions.

So here's what's first - two very special books to me, one of which, I would be willing to sell.

Help me decide which one to let loose -

IMGP1080.jpg

OR

IMGP1078.jpg

Thanks for your input.

Nice books...Id keep the TMNT 1 (thumbs u

Hmm..tough choice

For me, I'd keep the Raphael as I think its a stunning book, plus its a 9.8, PLUS its a SS 9.8. You just don't come across that book in that grade very often so I'd say its a keeper (though I suppose for that reason it might sell pretty good for you)

Glad I don't have to make that decision!

At first, I missed the 2nd printing annotation so I was surprised there was any comparison. I guess I'm wondering if it's your intent to try to attain a TMNT #1 1st print issue? If so, I think the SS 2nd print should be the one to go. If NOT, then I'd sell the Raphael #1.

Just my 2c

I know of 3 Raphael books that are SS 9.8 and 2 of them have double head sketches. I think personally I would move the Raphael first...IMO

TMNT #1 2nd print is still a tough book to find, and Raphael is not...

Yeah, I'd keep the TMNT #1 also. I know that the Raphael is hard to find in 9.8, but your chances are much better to be able to replace the Raph in the future. Replacing your TMNT #1 2nd print, given the head sketches, would be much harder, I would think.

Joel

Hey Oneasian,

Aren't you really into Captain America CGC slabs too? or have I confused you with someone else? I'd sell some stuff like that, that can be easier replaced, and keep both Turtles issues...

I personally would want a # 1 1st instead of a 2nd print, but that one you have there sure looks nifty signed and sketched!

How much are you planning on selling each book for? What grail are you seeking if you dont mind me asking and dont think you will jinx yourself by revealing it?