• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Mamma" dethrones "Knight" on DVD sales chart

38 posts in this topic

Don't discount the allure of Abba. People will look you in the eye and vehemently trash talk the band yet go home when no one's watching and throw in their well worn Abba Gold CD...

Jim

I agree with this, I just think the movie's main premise is simply idiotic. The idea of a girl getting married secretly inviting 3 men her mother used to date, one of which possibly conceived her is ridiculous. Sounds like an episode of Jerry Springer it is so ludicrous. Now let's take THAT horrible story idea and string together a bunch of scenes about that topic using ABBA music.

:P

How this appeals to females is beyond me.

Don't discount the allure of Abba. People will look you in the eye and vehemently trash talk the band yet go home when no one's watching and throw in their well worn Abba Gold CD...

Jim

I agree with this, I just think the movie's main premise is simply idiotic. The idea of a girl getting married secretly inviting 3 men her mother used to date, one of which possibly conceived her is ridiculous. Sounds like an episode of Jerry Springer it is so ludicrous. Now let's take THAT horrible story idea and string together a bunch of scenes about that topic using ABBA music.

:P

How this appeals to females is beyond me.

Have you ever sat down and watched an episode of any of the popular soaps with a girlfriend/your wife? They make Mama Mia come out smelling like a real life documentary. :applause:

On the flip side, I bet most women (thankfully not my wife - she likes them) look at comic movies and think what kind of a nerd would believe that! lol

Besides, there are enough girls that are easy on the eyes to make Mama Mia tolerable in addition to the get out of jail free points you accumulate for watching it with the fairer sex. (thumbs u

Jim

Speak for yourself :baiting:

I watched it the other night, at the sake of not being rude to everyone else in the house that wanted to see it. I can honestly say this might be the first musical in history that the entire cast couldn't sing. I thought it was horrible..

:gossip: Evita.

I watched it the other night, at the sake of not being rude to everyone else in the house that wanted to see it. I can honestly say this might be the first musical in history that the entire cast couldn't sing. I thought it was horrible..

:gossip: Evita.

Disagree on Evita, but there is a long list of them. Paint Your Wagon with Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin at the top of the list.

Guys, it's Blu-ray not "Blue-ray". Sorry, it's a pet peeve.

What, did you just start taking an Intellectual Property class in law school? :baiting:

When you graduate, you can always get a job with Pepsi as one of the people who goes around to the fast food chains that sell Pepsi to verify that if you ask for a Coke, the person at the counter will correct you by noting that it would be a Pepsi. Yes, those are real jobs.

Jim

I have no problem telling people that I think the group were brilliant. Absolute pop genius.

What, did you just start taking an Intellectual Property class in law school? :baiting:

Ah, another law school jab from Tim just when I was starting to miss them. :hi:

When you graduate, you can always get a job with Pepsi as one of the people who goes around to the fast food chains that sell Pepsi to verify that if you ask for a Coke, the person at the counter will correct you by noting that it would be a Pepsi. Yes, those are real jobs.

And they hire lawyers for that? Sounds good; I always knew I'd make a difference somehow.

And they hire lawyers for that? Sounds good; I always knew I'd make a difference somehow.

Are you kidding? Lawyers never get to do anything that meaningful. Nah, the lawyers only get to write the nasty letters to the places found to be in violation.

Are you kidding? Lawyers never get to do anything that meaningful. Nah, the lawyers only get to write the nasty letters to the places found to be in violation.

:cry: