• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who wants to bet the good stuff is on the bottom of the pile!

25 posts in this topic

Ive seen these types of "auctions/scams" before where they promise "grails" in certain lots but I have never heard of anyone getting anything THAT good from one. :boo:

Nope...even if you did actually get the Hulk 181, you don't know what condition its in (other than it has the Marvel stamp) :makepoint:...this is just to sell a bunch of left over drek.

You see this type of auction all the time with sports cards and Magic the Gathering cards. Take all the junk you can't sell, add a few good items you may not even own and sell them this way. To improve your feedback and impress the marks buy a few lots with your shill account or a friends account and leave the "OMG, I got AF15" type of feedback. The beautiful thing about this type of auction is that you can keep your good stuff.

And at 11.75 (with shipping) per lot if a few people buy into it, the person makes a decent profit :makepoint:

Here's another one:

Find the Hulk 181

The only way to be guarenteed the Hulk 181 is to buy all 150 boxes.

At least he says it straight!

Precisely what I was thinking..pure !

Totally against eBay listing rules:

"eBay does not permit listings that sell an opportunity to win an item or prize either by chance or in connection with a skill contest.

Specifically, eBay does not permit listings that promote giveaways, lotteries, sweepstakes, random drawings, raffles, contests, or prizes. Such promotions are highly regulated and may be unlawful in many states.

eBay itself may run such promotions on the site, and may grant authorization to its partners or third party companies to run promotions that comply with applicable laws.

See the Examples and Additional information sections below for greater detail on the various types of listings to which this policy may apply. These sections are intended to provide guidance, and should not be viewed as an exhaustive list.

Listing cancellation

Limits on account privileges

Account suspension

Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings

Loss of PowerSeller status "

I think it should be reported :whistle:

drunk are we?