• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2008/09 GRADING CONTEST : Round 16

191 posts in this topic

I will postpone this contest till they allow my friend greggy to post again.

Nothing personal to all you guys playing but I cannot continue in good conscious while they hand out a bull s h i t strike to a good friend.

See you guys in a week.

(thumbs u

Nothing personal to all you guys playing but I cannot continue in good conscious while they hand out a bull s h i t strike to a good friend.

See you guys in a week.

That would be "conscience" :grin:

:gossip: I embarassingly made this same mistake last week, while speaking, no less doh!

See you guys in a week.

Good call Nik. (thumbs u

See you guys in a week.

:screwy:

Consider me out of the contest then since I can't condone postponing a contest because someone got a deserved strike...

See you guys in a week.

:screwy:

Consider me out of the contest then since I can't condone postponing a contest because someone got a deserved strike...

Sadly, I have to second that emotion.

I think the people involved are great, but this is simply childish.

Okay now if you believe that going out in protest for a week is childish, then wouldn't you also pulling out of the contest be childish too?

If he isn't here to post, how would Nik be able to run the contest. A contest that he puts a lot of time energy and money into. He does it for the good of the boards, for fun. I remember one of the contests he had was due in part to the volitile tone the boards had taken and he lightened it up by starting a grading contest.

If I was someone who didn't celebrate Christmas should I have gotten pizzed when he took a break for the holiday? No, I shouldn't because Nik and others celebrate the day. Now Nik has disagreed with a punishment whether you don't believe in the punishment is your opinion. But doesn't Nik have the right, hasn't he earned the right to protest something he doesn't believe in?

I have never met Nik in person, talked to him on the phone or even emailed him. But I personally think he is one of a handful of people on these boards who if you took a poll on who you respect and admire here, he would come in on almost everyone's top 5 or maybe their top 3.

As the great Rodney King once said, "Can't we all get along?"

Okay now if you believe that going out in protest for a week is childish, then wouldn't you also pulling out of the contest be childish too?

If he isn't here to post, how would Nik be able to run the contest. A contest that he puts a lot of time energy and money into. He does it for the good of the boards, for fun. I remember one of the contests he had was due in part to the volitile tone the boards had taken and he lightened it up by starting a grading contest.

If I was someone who didn't celebrate Christmas should I have gotten pizzed when he took a break for the holiday? No, I shouldn't because Nik and others celebrate the day. Now Nik has disagreed with a punishment whether you don't believe in the punishment is your opinion. But doesn't Nik have the right, hasn't he earned the right to protest something he doesn't believe in?

I have never met Nik in person, talked to him on the phone or even emailed him. But I personally think he is one of a handful of people on these boards who if you took a poll on who you respect and admire here, he would come in on almost everyone's top 5 or maybe their top 3.

Right on the mark Toro I agree totaly (thumbs u

works out great for me, as we are leaving for a little NC vacation anyway, and I won't have much computer access, and I hate those -1's for missing a grade submission lol

I ain't being childish...Nik stated his position and I stated mine...if you can respect his decision then by default you should respect mine...

ArAich and MC I apologize to the two of you if you took my statement as saying you as individuals were being childish. I was just trying to say if you felt that Nik's position was wrong, I just felt that by taking this stance you were also taking a similar position too.

Again I apologize if either of you felt I was calling you childish. And yes I do respect everyone's right to have his or her own opinion on the matter. :foryou:

Hey...no biggie...

To explain my position further...if Nik wants to show solidarity with Greggy that's fine with me...but to mess up the mechanics of cool and fun grading contest seems to be unfair to all participants and I choose my solidarity with them.

Hey...no biggie...

To explain my position further...if Nik wants to show solidarity with Greggy that's fine with me...but to mess up the mechanics of cool and fun grading contest seems to be unfair to all participants and I choose my solidarity with them.

Not all the books in the grading contest are from Nik's collection.

If you want to drop out, that's fine. People drop out all the time for various reasons. (shrug)

Well I have met, talked to, and e-mailed Nik on numerous occasions, and I STILL respect him! Can you believe it!

And regarding dropping out of the contest because Nik postponed it for a week?, well to be quite honest with you I don't understand it, But if that's what ya gotta do, then that's what ya gotta do.

Fuggin Greggy is am dork for causing all of this drama. I blame Greggy, and am going to spill a drink on him in Chicago.