• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2008/09 GRADING CONTEST : Round 16

191 posts in this topic

Okay now if you believe that going out in protest for a week is childish, then wouldn't you also pulling out of the contest be childish too?

If he isn't here to post, how would Nik be able to run the contest. A contest that he puts a lot of time energy and money into. He does it for the good of the boards, for fun. I remember one of the contests he had was due in part to the volitile tone the boards had taken and he lightened it up by starting a grading contest.

If I was someone who didn't celebrate Christmas should I have gotten pizzed when he took a break for the holiday? No, I shouldn't because Nik and others celebrate the day. Now Nik has disagreed with a punishment whether you don't believe in the punishment is your opinion. But doesn't Nik have the right, hasn't he earned the right to protest something he doesn't believe in?

I have never met Nik in person, talked to him on the phone or even emailed him. But I personally think he is one of a handful of people on these boards who if you took a poll on who you respect and admire here, he would come in on almost everyone's top 5 or maybe their top 3.

As the great Rodney King once said, "Can't we all get along?"

Well I have met, talked to, and e-mailed Nik on numerous occasions, and I STILL respect him! Can you believe it!

And regarding dropping out of the contest because Nik postponed it for a week?, well to be quite honest with you I don't understand it, But if that's what ya gotta do, then that's what ya gotta do.

Fuggin Greggy is am dork for causing all of this drama. I blame Greggy, and am going to spill a drink on him in Chicago.

I do not think anyone is dropping out because Nik postponed it a week. I believe people are dropping out because of the reason it was posponed. I think I would be correct in assuming that if Nik had postponed the contest for a week due to real life issues etc, then the only post here would be telling him to take care of real life first and that everyone would be here waiting for his return.

Greggy recieved a strike for doing the same thing that many people here do one many threads. (DERAIL)

Was he picked on?

Could it have been a score of other people to get a strike for doing similar things?

Did the major pictures of Strawberry Shortcake slow down my computer?

Was it funny?

Nik, others too, are protesting Greggy getting a strike,

ArAich is protesting Nik stopping the contest for a reason he does not agree with.

Its all the same. People doing what they think is right to show how they feel a a subject.

Okay now if you believe that going out in protest for a week is childish, then wouldn't you also pulling out of the contest be childish too?

If he isn't here to post, how would Nik be able to run the contest. A contest that he puts a lot of time energy and money into. He does it for the good of the boards, for fun. I remember one of the contests he had was due in part to the volitile tone the boards had taken and he lightened it up by starting a grading contest.

If I was someone who didn't celebrate Christmas should I have gotten pizzed when he took a break for the holiday? No, I shouldn't because Nik and others celebrate the day. Now Nik has disagreed with a punishment whether you don't believe in the punishment is your opinion. But doesn't Nik have the right, hasn't he earned the right to protest something he doesn't believe in?

I have never met Nik in person, talked to him on the phone or even emailed him. But I personally think he is one of a handful of people on these boards who if you took a poll on who you respect and admire here, he would come in on almost everyone's top 5 or maybe their top 3.

As the great Rodney King once said, "Can't we all get along?"

Well I have met, talked to, and e-mailed Nik on numerous occasions, and I STILL respect him! Can you believe it!

And regarding dropping out of the contest because Nik postponed it for a week?, well to be quite honest with you I don't understand it, But if that's what ya gotta do, then that's what ya gotta do.

Fuggin Greggy is am dork for causing all of this drama. I blame Greggy, and am going to spill a drink on him in Chicago.

I thought Ellen was going to do the honors. (shrug)

I just checked into this thread so I'm a bit late to the drama but I'm with you Nik. Fight the Power!*

*This remark is in no way intended as criticism of greggy's punishment or the decision of CGC moderators or of CGC LLC in any way. Those guys are are grading some of my books right now :wishluck:

I do not think anyone is dropping out because Nik postponed it a week. I believe people are dropping out because of the reason it was posponed. I think I would be correct in assuming that if Nik had postponed the contest for a week due to real life issues etc, then the only post here would be telling him to take care of real life first and that everyone would be here waiting for his return.

This is very true.

Greggy recieved a strike for doing the same thing that many people here do one many threads. (DERAIL)

And many more do not. Some of those that do also get strikes.

Was he picked on?

Could it have been a score of other people to get a strike for doing similar things?

Did the major pictures of Strawberry Shortcake slow down my computer?

Was it funny?

Nik, others too, are protesting Greggy getting a strike,

ArAich is protesting Nik stopping the contest for a reason he does not agree with.

Its all the same. People doing what they think is right to show how they feel a a subject.

Nik deserves HUGE kudos for running these contests so well.

But once in the middle of it, there is an obligation to some degree. Most here are diligent in getting grades in on time every 48 hours. Changing a schedule for so ...let's say subjective.. a reason is flippant, and a bit inconsiderate of others' time.

The same statement could be made by leaving for a week after the contest, or simply running the contest and making no other posts.

To be truthful, for me personally, the "clique" syndrome is a bit irratating as well. If the same thing had happened to JohnnyNobody would the contest be suspended?

More likely, several of the same people would be calling the abuser ever name under the sun except, as President elect Obama said, a child of God.

Toro, btw, no offense taken :foryou:

Good luck to all of you in the contest. (thumbs u

I'm a pretty level headed guy and I respect the people that run games such as this. However, I think to be in support of someone who has violated the forum rules regarding spamming, no matter how innocuous it may have been, is probably misdirected. That being said, none of this really affects any of our lives and we continue to live happily in our bliss outside of these boards.

This too shall pass and be a footnote in someone's memory.

I don't think the strike Greggy got was BS... Far from it actually. He had to of known the mod's were at the very least, not going to like his actions. I think his strike was well warranted.

But if Nik want's to postpone it a week. That's good with me to. People want to quit the contest. That's fine to.. I'm having fun with it...

But once in the middle of it, there is an obligation to some degree.

Really? You might not want to peer too deeply into that horse's mouth, he was a gift.

Really? You might not want to peer too deeply into that horse's mouth, he was a gift.

Please read the entire sentence and don't add emphasis to the word(s) you choose.

In the end, there can be only ONE. (thumbs u

Mathematically-Eliminated.jpg

This image brings up a great point.

Since I am basically below the line I would like to say that everyone above the line and above me in score should be very upset about this one week off business. :frustrated:

I Think you should all go ahead and pull yourselves from the competition immediately :sumo: and stomp your feet a few time.

:devil:

I will postpone this contest till they allow my friend greggy to post again.

Nothing personal to all you guys playing but I cannot continue in good conscious while they hand out a bull s h i t strike to a good friend.

See you guys in a week.

:screwy:

Consider me out of the contest then since I can't condone postponing a contest because someone got a deserved strike...

Oh, for the love of Strawberry Shortcake! doh!

Please read the entire sentence and don't add emphasis to the word(s) you choose.

They're two sentences not one. What word in the second one would you rather I put in bold? Basically, it's Nik's deal. If he wants to take a week off for personal reasons, what does it matter to you what the reason is?

take as long as you need, Nik. a break in the middle of the contest is a good thing, i think. this entire mountain-out-of-a-molehill situation both amuses and embarrasses me