• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question: Any interest in a Signature Series Marketplace subforum?

53 posts in this topic

I am going to go against the grain and say no.

I like the idea, but not sure there would be enough interest in it to warrant a seperate subforum. The traffic here is pretty tame compared to the Marketplace.

Interesting point, but I'll give you a personal view... when you sell OA (and SS) in the Marketplace section instead of the OA Marketplace or here, I miss it completely --- unless you call me (which you usually do about the artwork (thumbs u ).

I wonder how many OA collectors actually look in the Marketplace section? Most I know don't care about blue label or raw books so they don't bother.

Personally, I never look in the Marketplace section and when I do, the threads move pretty quickly off the main page.

So THERE, Jesperson... :devil::sumo:

I meant no offense, Jon's a good friend and I see where he's coming from. Just offering a counterpoint.

And I don't think this is meant to replace Marketplace, just help focus SS sales threads here into a specific area. If someone like Jon prefers general Marketplace they would benefit by posting a Link thread in a SS subforum to raise attention. Something comicgrinder did with his ASM SS thread earlier this evening.

I like the idea, but not sure there would be enough interest in it to warrant a seperate subforum. The traffic here is pretty tame compared to the Marketplace.

Interesting point, but I'll give you a personal view... when you sell OA (and SS) in the Marketplace section instead of the OA Marketplace or here, I miss it completely --- unless you call me (which you usually do about the artwork (thumbs u ).

I wonder how many OA collectors actually look in the Marketplace section? Most I know don't care about blue label or raw books so they don't bother.

Personally, I never look in the Marketplace section and when I do, the threads move pretty quickly off the main page.

thats a great point Kevin...make the new section (thumbs u

I meant no offense, Jon's a good friend and I see where he's coming from. Just offering a counterpoint.

And I don't think this is meant to replace Marketplace, just help focus SS sales threads here into a specific area. If someone like Jon prefers general Marketplace they would benefit by posting a Link thread in a SS subforum to raise attention. Something comicgrinder did with his ASM SS thread earlier this evening.

I find it does stay on the front page here longer lol

Not to get off the topic to much but, If its possible I think it would be cool to have another "sticky" at the top of this page that shows an SS gallery...no other type of posts in it (like the "infinite" thread), just holds and keeps the image of each book.

I agree, I am against it as well. Not enough traffic here. We would lose sales.

If you were to evaluate your past and current sales history in the Markeplace section ---- are your buyers active posters here in the Signature Room or completely new faces?

Looking over some recent SS sales threads in the marketplace section I do see mostly the same familiar names using the :takeit: and posting replies/commenting on the items that I see here.

Gotta go with Alex and Jon. The most I would do is post a link in the Sig room to direct the odd buyer who can't find the marketplace by themselves. (shrug)

I like the idea, but not sure there would be enough interest in it to warrant a sepArate subforum. The traffic here is pretty tame compared to the Marketplace.

+1