• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question: Any interest in a Signature Series Marketplace subforum?

53 posts in this topic

We've noticed a lot of you have been posting your SS items here for sale, or linking to SS sales threads in the Marketplace section. Would you have any interest in a Signature Series Marketplace subforum attached to this forum --- a format similar to what is already in place in the Original Art Forum?

Let us know what you think.

Quick question about this though: would it mean that you could not list it in the Sales Marketplace as well? I personally wouldn't have a problem with it, but do think there could be some drama if people simultaneously pop a :takeit: in each marketplace. Also... would this be exclusively for SS books or could it include raw signed books?

In any event, I'm all for creating a Signature Market Sub-forum!

I am going to go against the grain and say no.

I like the idea, but not sure there would be enough interest in it to warrant a seperate subforum. The traffic here is pretty tame compared to the Marketplace.

I don't care either way. This forum gets very few views, so I don't mind when people post their books for sale here.

I like the idea, but not sure there would be enough interest in it to warrant a seperate subforum. The traffic here is pretty tame compared to the Marketplace.

I agree as well

I think keeping them in the Marketplace is good because it may generate some interest that they wouldn't otherwise get in the Signature Room. I was drawn in to the SS line through the Marketplace, but I don't think I would have started in the Sig Room.

I'd like to see the subforum since I always miss out on books people occasionally put up for sale in a random thread here where I'm not expecting a book to be up for sale in... Nice run-on sentence there.

Quick question about this though: would it mean that you could not list it in the Sales Marketplace as well? I personally wouldn't have a problem with it, but do think there could be some drama if people simultaneously pop a :takeit: in each marketplace. Also... would this be exclusively for SS books or could it include raw signed books?

In any event, I'm all for creating a Signature Market Sub-forum!

I wouldn't recommend having the same thread in two... what I would recommend is picking one location for the actual listings and then having a "SS books for sale here" with a link for the other.

I think it would include raw signed as well.

Interesting point, but I'll give you a personal view... when you sell OA (and SS) in the Marketplace section instead of the OA Marketplace or here, I miss it completely --- unless you call me (which you usually do about the artwork (thumbs u ).

I wonder how many OA collectors actually look in the Marketplace section? Most I know don't care about blue label or raw books so they don't bother.

Personally, I never look in the Marketplace section and when I do, the threads move pretty quickly off the main page.

Sounds like a great idea (thumbs u