• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your favorite quote from a comic?

137 posts in this topic

Brainy Smurf: Is it much further Papa Smurf?

Papa Smurf: Not much further my little smurfs.

Jokey Smurf: [different location] Is it much further Papa Smurf?

Papa Smurf: Not much Further my little smurfs

Grouchy Smurf: [third location] Is it much further papa smurf?

Papa Smurf: Ask one more time and I'm going to smurf you to smurfdom com!

Hurry Strawberry! The witch is coming!

Is that from Strawberry Shortcake? What is it with this forum and knocking my favorite action hero? Why I have the entire series in CGC 9.8 hanging on my wall.

:bump:

And that is what you are passing on to your twin sons when they hit 40?? :o

Is that from Strawberry Shortcake? What is it with this forum and knocking my favorite action hero? Why I have the entire series in CGC 9.8 hanging on my wall.

If this forum was knocking up Strawberry Shortcake we'd have little Strawberry Shortcakes clogging up every thread here :screwy:

Post that office wall full of 9.8s now (or it hasn't been pre-photoshopped ) :sumo::sumo::sumo:

A couple of my favorites:

"This will be a good life...good enough."

Last line Batman says in the Dark Knight Returns.

"Death is never easy. It must be earned."

Death of Captain Marvel graphic novel

Ken

"You're good, baby, I'll give you that... but me? I'm magic."

Classic :cloud9:

Agreed. And from the same issue - "You'll never hurt anyone...again."

What issue? (shrug)

"You're good, baby, I'll give you that... but me? I'm magic."

Classic :cloud9:

Agreed. And from the same issue - "You'll never hurt anyone...again."

What issue? (shrug)

DareDevil #181. :makepoint:

:sorry:

:jokealert:

If this forum was knocking up Strawberry Shortcake we'd have little Strawberry Shortcakes clogging up every thread here :screwy:

Post that office wall full of 9.8s now (or it hasn't been pre-photoshopped ) :sumo::sumo::sumo:

No photoshop needed, but Strawberry Shortcake forum-killing images seems to be the topic of choice. Were the little sumos because you wanted to fight over Strawberry Shortcake, as you can have that little battle. I'll go for winning the overall war, and going for the valuable books. You know, Smurf 1-5, Captain America and the Campbell Soups Kids, Kool-Aid Man - the big hits. Kidding, of course.

I know...mine was also.. :jokealert:

I did not want my photo published on this forum.

Actually, you pegged it on the head! That is our favorite Seinfeld episode, so later when I was trying to come up with a username, that came to the top of the list.

Good catch !!!

Mary Marvel: ...Really, a Martian?

Blue Beetle: He's green, isn't he?

Mary Marvel: Aren't they supposed to have antennas?

Booster Gold: He's very shy about exposing his. But I'd be happy to show you--

Blue Beetle: BOOSTER!

Batman: You have antennae?

J'onn: Could you please go back to being unbearably grim? It was SO much more tolerable.

L-Ron: Have a reasonably bearable day.

Maxwell Lord: Reasonably bearable?

L-Ron: I don't believe in giving people false hope.

L-Ron: The point is sir, you were toying with him. And maybe with your self.

Captain Atom: I haven't toyed with myself in years.

Superman: I thought you said I was the boyscout?

Batman: You were. Then I met Shazam.

And

They could put me in a helicopter and fly me up into the air and line the bodies head to toe on the ground in delightful geometric patterns like an endless June Taylor dancers routine -- and it would never be enough. No, I don't keep count. But you do. And I love you for it.

Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses. You build up a whole armor, for years, so nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life... You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' or 'how very perceptive' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a body-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. Nothing should be able to do that. Especially not love. I hate love.

That''s not a quote, it's a freaking novel.