• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your favorite quote from a comic?

137 posts in this topic

not a quote but from spidey #122: Not on a cross of gold but a stake of humble tin... (of course it's been 35 years so i could be mangling that a bit)

Beat me to it!! "And so the proud men die: Crucified not on a cross of gold, but on a stake of humble tin" This quote is fixed in my mind from childhood. One of the best stories in comic history IMHO.

"So let the war begin here! Now! And know you, Avengers, that you've brought this upon yourselves! For your meddling heroics have destroyed the hopes of a universe, the dreams of a God! And for that-- YOU SHALL PAY!!!!!!" Korvac, Avengers #176

"The odds are impossible! Time itself obeys his whim! We are moving in slow motion by his reckoning! My cosmic senses can perceive it--But I cannot change it!" Captain Marvel, Avengers #177

Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses. You build up a whole armor, for years, so nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life... You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' or 'how very perceptive' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a body-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. Nothing should be able to do that. Especially not love. I hate love.

Is that from Sandman? It sounds like something that Lyta hall or Rose Walker said. Either way, I know that quote. Just can't place it...

Here's one of my favorites, burned into my brain forever by its poignancy:

"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But a half-wit remains a half-wit, and the emperor remains an emperor."

- Morpheus, Sandman

not a quote but from spidey #122: Not on a cross of gold but a stake of humble tin... (of course it's been 35 years so i could be mangling that a bit)

Beat me to it!! "And so the proud men die: Crucified not on a cross of gold, but on a stake of humble tin" This quote is fixed in my mind from childhood. One of the best stories in comic history IMHO.

thanks for the exact line korvac. oh, the memories.

thanks for the exact line korvac. oh, the memories.

(thumbs u Indeed!! "A stake of humble tin" is the name of my ASM registry set in which a certain issue #6 you might recognize currently resides in :cloud9:

Mine is on my sig line (MTIO Annual #2) :grin:

Another famous Thanos quote was from Captain Marvel #32

Thanos called Rick Jones an "Insignificant Flyspeck" (worship)

"Hulk Likes Beans"

followed by the classic line: "Hulk likes to toot!" lol

"Hulk Likes Beans"

followed by the classic line: "Hulk likes to toot!" lol

"Hulk Likes Beans" is an actual quote from the Defenders Title somewhere between issue 60 and 70. :)

I know, Ive seen it...I was trying to make a lol

"It aint a bird."

"It aint a plane."

"And it sure aint Superman."

--three crooks faced with the sight of Green Lantern in Showcase 22.

From an issue of YOUNG JUSTICE, Secret (who exists in a vapor-like state) has just succeeded in exorcising a demon from a possessed car.

SECRET: [regaining consciousness] "What.. what happened?"

SNAPPER CARR: "You were shot out of the tail pipe!"

SECRET: "No wonder I feel exhausted."

From an issue of YOUNG JUSTICE, Secret (who exists in a vapor-like state) has just succeeded in exorcising a demon from a possessed car.

SECRET: [regaining consciousness] "What.. what happened?"

SNAPPER CARR: "You were shot out of the tail pipe!"

SECRET: "No wonder I feel exhausted."

:roflmao:

From Superman II:

President of the US: "Oh, God."

Zod (correcting the Pres): "Zod."

Hurry Strawberry! The witch is coming!

Is that from Strawberry Shortcake? What is it with this forum and knocking my favorite action hero? Why I have the entire series in CGC 9.8 hanging on my wall.

:bump: