• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

War and Peace (Ebay Style) or Does CGC Downgrade for Fire Damage?

14 posts in this topic

Nothing that gives me a migraine goes unshared.... Ok, let's say I send you half the money in cash and half in travelers checks, what would the ramifications of that scenario be?

I want to send him an email, " Hi. I live in Kyrgyzstan, would you send me $2 so I can feed my family this year? insane.gif

You really have to love this line: Photos of some accessories may be for illustrational purposes only. I guess that Acme Sourdough French Baquette is actually supposed to be Wonder bread???

And who can resist this? All claims are based on manufacturers specifications and product literature. We cannot be responsible for discrepancies arising from differences in performance based on manufacturer’s claims and actual product performance.

To parapharse: You can write some of the auction all of the time, and all of the auction some of the time, but you shouldn't write all of the auction all of the time because danged! It just don't make sense!

Nothing that gives me a migraine goes unshared.... Ok, let's say I send you half the money in cash and half in travelers checks, what would the ramifications of that scenario be?

I want to send him an email, " Hi. I live in Kyrgyzstan, would you send me $2 so I can feed my family this year? insane.gif

Could he make the auction even more harder to read?

PLEASE DO NOT BID IF YOU ARE UNWILLING TO ACCEPT THESE TERMS OF SALE.

Accept? Heck, I'm not even gonna read'em. tongue.gif

All that [!@#%^&^] for a $3-$4 comic!? sign-rantpost.gif

Edit:

What!?

C r a p is a forbidden word? sign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gif

Over a thousand posts and the first time I get a word 893censored-thumb.gif... confused.gif

Absolutely phenomenal - those terms and condtions have got to win an award for something - "Most anal seller" perhaps. All this and he's been neg'd several times as an NPB himself. Terms and conditions in my auctions are one line at the bottom of the page, and that's because the more stipulations, the more you'll put people off. And the comic looked roasted.

Interesting list of obscure (and PC free) Asian countries, though.

PLEASE DO NOT BID IF YOU ARE UNWILLING TO ACCEPT THESE TERMS OF SALE.

Accept? Heck, I'm not even gonna read'em. tongue.gif

All that [!@#%^&^] for a $3-$4 comic!? sign-rantpost.gif

Edit:

What!?

C r a p is a forbidden word? sign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gif

Over a thousand posts and the first time I get a word 893censored-thumb.gif... confused.gif

[!@#%^&^]. stooges.gif

BTW... does the Buy It Now with immediate payment required bug anyone else? I can't really put my finger on it, but this new feature rubs me the wrong way. Makes me want to place a bid just to screw up their "immediate payment." devil.gif

BTW... does the Buy It Now with immediate payment required bug anyone else? I can't really put my finger on it, but this new feature rubs me the wrong way. Makes me want to place a bid just to screw up their "immediate payment." devil.gif

And there lies its purpose: to dissuade the thrill-seekers and reprobates from hitting the BIN and never paying.

Personally I like the feature, as it keeps some BINs available for longer when I buy, and ensures that pinhead kids with Zero Feedback (why do I need 10 to list, but 0 to buy?) from screwing up the works.

It also means that people who are just looking for trouble (hit the BIN, leave scathing feedback immediately) have to pay for the privilege.

And there lies its purpose: to dissuade the thrill-seekers and reprobates from hitting the BIN and never paying.

Is this really that big of a problem? I wasn't aware that there are BIN "thrill seekers" wink.gif

Frankly, ebay couldn't care less about thrill seekers or preventing unwarranted negative feedback. The true purpose of immediate payment required is to drive more people to use Paypal. It's bad enough that there are sellers that ONLY accept Paypal, now it's required for some BINs. sign-rantpost.gif

Is this really that big of a problem? I wasn't aware that there are BIN "thrill seekers" wink.gif

Of course it is, especially as EBay allows Goose Egg bidders to hit the BIN, and doesn't allow sellers to filter them out.

I don't think this has anything to do with Paypal, as there was an organized seller revolt against allowing Zero Feedback bidders to use a BIN (during the pre-release game cart fiascos). My feeling is because EBay likes to "keep its doors open to new bidders" this was a bone tossed out to make these sellers happy.