• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The price of the item is in the postage

17 posts in this topic

That is so wrong, E-bay must have a rule about that.

Of course they don't.

I posted awhile back about a Canuck with $40-$100+ USD (he listed in Pounds) shipping rates for DVDs, and EBay responded back that "they could find no evidence of excessive shipping".

EBay may post in their TOS that shipping must be realistic, but that apparently means anything under $100 USD (maybe higher?) is fair game.

Please note I can take Paypal for anyone who needs it as a form of payment. But please be willing to cover their fees.

893naughty-thumb.gifsumo.gif

Unfortunately, as comicmankev mentioned earlier, that is actually not against the rules for UK sellers! foreheadslap.gif

My favorite part of the auction is that the postage also includes

"Please note the price includes my five hours cueing in the cold"

Hmmm....if I wait until summertime, maybe I can get it a little cheaper???

You guys aren't seeing the forest for the trees here, this guy's working the system and hosing ebay big time. He's basically offering a BIN of 30 pounds on the book, but only paying ebay fees on a penny-weight!!

Something to consider prior to the next free BIN listing day... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Five hours? That's taking the pi.ss just a vast amount. Post Offices may be slow, inhospitable and inefficient places in the U.K., but five hours? Forty minutes at peak times, tops, except at Xmas, when you'd add a little more. And as I recall they tend to be buildings with roofs and central heating. In fact they get unbearably hot at Xmas due to overcrowding.

And with that volume of merchandise, he could always get a contract with a mail carrier or invest in a franking machine (or whatever it's called in the U.S.).

Five hours? That's taking the pi.ss just a vast amount. Post Offices may be slow, inhospitable and inefficient places in the U.K., but five hours? Forty minutes at peak times, tops, except at Xmas, when you'd add a little more. And as I recall they tend to be buildings with roofs and central heating. In fact they get unbearably hot at Xmas due to overcrowding.

And with that volume of merchandise, he could always get a contract with a mail carrier or invest in a franking machine (or whatever it's called in the U.S.).

I took it as waiting in line for the autographs, not at the post office.

If indeed he had queued (not cued) for five hours in the cold it must have been about 15 years ago since Alan Moore has not attended a comic convention or signing in England (or anywhere else) since 1988, when KJ was first published. The blurb gave the impression that it was done recently and that there has ever been a signing in the U.K. where one had to wait in the cold for five hours. Not even when Frank Miller came over to sign copies of the newly published Dark Knight Returns did anyone wait for more than an hour.

He was taking the p.iss, although I suspect he was trying to be funny.

That's okay... they are in violation of other eBay rules anyway...

You are not permitted to exceed 10 identical auctions running at the same time, and they have a whole lot more than that for the stupid Dreamcast lead auction...

If I wasn't so busy packing Ultimate Spidey trades I'd get all of their auctions pulled and maybe get them NARU'd as well... confused-smiley-013.gif