• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone Off To Bed?

29 posts in this topic

And Microsoft Spell and Grammar check is far from perfect. You can spell a word correctly but if it is a homophone for the word you want (i.e. there, they're, their), MS S&G check will not always pick up on it. Another pointer I give my students-high school kids and college students.

I go by the "Just Learn The Stinkin' Grammer Already" rule. xD

:cloud9:

If only others espoused that belief...

It's called READING. Ya pick up a book, and use your eyes? Yeah those things! :D

My older sister did not read a book for pleasure until she was...a freshman in college? I think? And it was one of my books of poetry. O.o

Oh man. And you read! For fun? lol

Sorry, I'm just dreading going back to work tomorrow after the break and dealing with students. That's not entirely fair as I generally really do like them. I'm just being lazy and grouchy tonight.

I taught Pride of Baghdad last semester with my night class, and was thrilled at how many of them were (pleasantly) surprised at their experience of reading a graphic novel. Some even said they might consider looking at some of the other titles I suggested (Watchmen, Persepolis, Maus, and a few others) during their next visit to Barnes and Noble/Borders.

Awww....well I'm glad you turned soem of them to the interest. What's the general age range you teach?

And yeah! I learned how to read before I was even in Kindergarten :P I was in chapter books by first grade xD! I LOVE reading! My summers are ALL books <3333333

High School = full time

Freshman in college = part time

Me = glutton for punishment! lol

Obviously, you poor thing. Half the sophomores I know can't write.

Any particular grades/subjects in high school?

Actually, if you answer, I'll see it in the morning. I am going to lay down and hopefully pass into subconscious awareness for the next couple hours until I get up tomorrow morning ;) Good night! :D

And Microsoft Spell and Grammar check is far from perfect. You can spell a word correctly but if it is a homophone for the word you want (i.e. there, they're, their), MS S&G check will not always pick up on it. Another pointer I give my students-high school kids and college students.

I go by the "Just Learn The Stinkin' Grammer Already" rule. xD

:cloud9:

If only others espoused that belief...

It was like in my college math classes. I was ready to draw out my math graphing problems when my Professor said no I must use my TI83 Graphing Calculator or Excel. I asked why and she responded do you use the Horse and Carriage when you have a car? :)

Anyone Off To Bed?

yup zzz