• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miscellany: SA, BA, CA, Adams, big lots, mags, and more! ALL REDUCED!

41 posts in this topic

UPDATE: January 5, 2009 -- ALL PRICES REDUCED!

Hey all...hopefully a little something for everyone tonight! A few SA & BA keys and semi-keys, several cheap copper lots, maybe an underground and variant or two, and whatever else I can find as I begin my semi-annual house-cleaning of dupes, under-copies, and other stuff that just doesn't fit in my collection at the moment.

TERMS: : PayPal is strongly preferred (but checks and money orders are okay, too).

DOMESTIC SHIPPING: is $4 (First Class Package) for up to 5 regular (32-page) comics; $6 (Priority/padded envelope) for 8 - 12 regular comics; $10 (Priority/boxed) for 18 comics or more. (I will also do insured Media Mail shipping at cost for REALLY big lots, but only at the buyer's risk: Media Mail is VERY slow, and is subject to random inspection by US Postal authorities.)

INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: Billed at my cost…please contact me for a quote first.

First books up in about 15 minutes.

Thanks for looking, and Happy New Year!

-Mikey

Iron Man lot: #256 - 266. Byrne scripts and great John Romita Jr. art in these -- an under-rated period for ol' Shellhead!. Grade range is Fine to VF/VF+. A few of these are slightly rippled, probably from improper dealer storage. Still very nice, very readable copies for the price.

11 books total.

$7 for the lot.

$5 for the lot.

IronMan-lot.jpg

Captain America #100: My personal favorite of ALL the '68 Marvel keys! Somehow I ended up with two lower grade copies, so it's time to kick one loose. I'm calling this one a G/VG with pencil writing on the front cover (tracing the outline of the Black Panther), marker in the top margin of the splash page, and ink/marker on the back cover and inside back cover (see scans). NONE of this effects the story or any story panels, the paper quality is exceptional, the cover and cf are attached at both staples, and the book is very solid in hand. Great cover colors, too!

$35

$28

Cap100-a.jpg

Cap100-b.jpg

Hard Boiled #1: Wow...hard to believe that this is nearly 20 years old! Outrageous ultra-violence from Frank Miller and Geoff Darrow. Magazine-sized, full-color, Dark Horse, 1990. Adults ONLY! VF/NM.

$5

$3

Hard-Boiled1.jpg

HUGE Silver Surfer ('80s/'90s) lot: Includes #20 - 30, 32 - 39, 44 - 49, 51 - 74, 76 - 81, 83, and Annuals #2, 3, 4.

This is a vastly underrated late '80s/early '90s iteration of this title, with some great art by Marshall Rogers and Ron Lim, and scripts by Steve Engelhart and Jim Starlin (among others). Starlin fans in particular really need to check these out for the continuation of his very cool, very enduring Thanos/Warlock/Captain Marvel mythos. Very old-school stuff for the period during which they were produced, and great reading for a cold, snowy winter's day!

59 books total; grade range is F/VF to VF/NM or better. Mostly unread dealer stock.

$35 for the lot. SOLD!!!!

Silver-Surfer-lot.jpg

Zap Comix #0: The revolution will NOT be televised, but the underground/self-publishing revolution really began right here. Later printing (Last Gasp/Print Mint). Still old, though ('70s maybe?). Reminds me of when I still had all my hair. Crumb, of course, and NOT for the kiddies. VG/Fine.

$8

$5

Zap0.jpg

Misc. '80s/'90s Marvel lot: X-Men #1 (Jim Lee), Uncanny X-Men #307, Spider-Man #8, 9, 10 (McFarlane), 15 (Larsen), 17 and Squadron Supreme Mini-Series #1. All VF to VF/NM. One person's dreck is another person's cherished childhood memory! Or something like that...!

$3 for the lot.

$2 for the lot.

Misc-Marvel-lot.jpg