• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your *WORST* speculation purchase

97 posts in this topic

My worst speculation purchase was buying ten sets of the "Spider-Man Marquee Collection" at $189.90 a pop.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2850279&fpart=1

TEN?

What the hell? Don't you know anything that sells with a 4 x easy payments of blah blah blah is just crazy.... though heaven knows i really want a miracle blade so i can cut some dry wall up and install a window.

I want a Garden Weasel, because it's one of the best product names ever.

I also want Billy Mays' head on a platter. The Sham-Wow guy too.

Hahhaha, the Sham-Wow guy. Where did they find that guy? haha

He made a movie about 10 years ago called 'The Underground Comedy Movie'. I rented it, expecting satire and receiving utter garbage. Here's the trailer. I love 'B' movies, but this was just BAD. As in MST3K-Wouldn't-touch-it BAD.

in terms of off-the-newstand:

Buy that I still like but hasn't panned out yet:

Nam 1 (35 copies), 12.5 cents ea. (actually this one was not off the newstand or I would have done great).

i knew a kid during my freshman year in HS that was buying 5 copies every issue until the end of the run, i don't know if he ever completed his task. :o i do remember that book being HOT or so i was told via the OS updates at $15 a pop!

My LCS has the 'longbox for $50' deal from his 50-cent boxes, I put together a HG complete run of 'Nam this past week. Not because I thought it was worth anything, but because I used to have it, and liked it. Then again, I also put together a run of 'Nth Man', and a huge chunk of both 'Doom Patrol' and 'Suicide Squad', too.

I guess I was feeling particularly militaristic that day. :D

Did anyone buy the magazine sized "Nam" issues? I did (sigh)

I bought the first ten issues of every title in the New Universe back in the mid 80's. Quite a feat for a young teenager without a job.

I'm only a little better off, I bought the #1 from all the issues.

What else:

My 10 copies of X-factor #1?

My 5 copies of Ben Riley's first appearance in the clone saga?

Maybe over paying (2X guide at the time) for a NMish copy of ASM 149 thinking they Ben was really going to stay on as Spiderman? :censored:

He made a movie about 10 years ago called 'The Underground Comedy Movie'. I rented it, expecting satire and receiving utter garbage. Here's the trailer. I love 'B' movies, but this was just BAD. As in MST3K-Wouldn't-touch-it BAD.

That guy annnoys me too. But seriously has anyone seen the Snuggie? Who would wear that? You're asking for a beating if you go out in that!

The Snuggie is made to lounge around your home, not to wear when you go out.

And yes, if you wore it to the mall, you should be smacked.

But, I assure you, someone will wear it to Wal-Mart. For sure. They wear pajama's when they go out, don't they? A lot.

But seriously has anyone seen the Snuggie? Who would wear that?

my 3 year old was asking for it right after he saw the commercial. he kept on explaining to me "it's for children too"!

the commercial has people outdoors wearing it like at a football game.

the shamwow thing is very tempting...except my wife would constantly be making me clean it in the laundry and the babysitter would probably throw them out thinking they're disposable. she still hasn't mastered the concept of paper recycling vs. bottles and cans and just randomly throws everything into the same trash can.

Buying books from the Mile High III collection found recently in the back of their warehouse.

But then again, he did state there was an X-Men 94 cgc 8.5 mixed in, so bought the wrong books.

my 3 year old was asking for it right after he saw the commercial. he kept on explaining to me "it's for children too"!

the shamwow thing is very tempting...except my wife would constantly be making me clean it in the laundry and the babysitter would probably throw them out thinking they're disposable. she still hasn't mastered the concept of paper recycling vs. bottles and cans and just randomly throws everything into the same trash can.

There was a lot of Snuggie talk around these parts at Christmas as well. There is pending legislation that makes it legal to beat someone senseless if you catch them wearing one outside their home.

There was a lot of Snuggie talk around these parts at Christmas as well. There is pending legislation that makes it legal to beat someone senseless if you catch them wearing one outside their home.

but I would feel like i was beating up a monk

but I would feel like i was beating up a monk

Pretend that it's Rasputin.

PS: Your daughter looks a little bit like you, and still manages to be adorable. :grin: