• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Over 300 unchecked Ewert books in the Registry!

130 posts in this topic

Thanks for sharing your story, very interesting. I too contacted CGC, Harshen in particular, and was told to send in my one book on the list as it was in the suspect date range. It is currently marked as Graded in my online CS invoice list with a Universal tag. I am assuming that means it is okay ? Did they call or contact you with the results ?

Thanks for sharing your story, very interesting. I too contacted CGC, Harshen in particular, and was told to send in my one book on the list as it was in the suspect date range. It is currently marked as Graded in my online CS invoice list with a Universal tag. I am assuming that means it is okay ? Did they call or contact you with the results ?

It looks like you are OK. I should be getting a call pretty soon because it looks like two of my books from the suspect date range were trimmed. They are listed as .0 for their grade. :cry: At least my X-Men 107 and 141 are clean. The 107 would be very difficult to replace.

It looks like you are OK. I should be getting a call pretty soon because it looks like two of my books from the suspect date range were trimmed. They are listed as .0 for their grade. :cry: At least my X-Men 107 and 141 are clean. The 107 would be very difficult to replace.

Sorry to hear that, Steve

Harshen e-mailed me with the results before sending them back to me. He asked for a receipt of what I paid for the All Star Western. I responded and he instantly credited my CGC account with the same amount.

Harshen e-mailed me with the results before sending them back to me. He asked for a receipt of what I paid for the All Star Western. I responded and he instantly credited my CGC account with the same amount.

Kinda stinks that you cant buy another book with cgc credits.. But at least they are trying to help people who were scammed.

Kinda stinks that you cant buy another book with cgc credits.. But at least they are trying to help people who were scammed.

CGC is doing something positive and deserves a kudo. They did not commit the scam and yet they are willing to give you 'store credit'. If they had originally caught the trimming you would have simply received a PLOD and no credit at all.

On the other hand, I believe Brulato should step up and reimburse people. Didn't he give Schmell a $100,000 just to swap an FF 1 9.4 for a 9.6 ? He can afford it

and it IS the right thing to do.

CGC is doing something positive and deserves a kudo. They did not commit the scam and yet they are willing to give you 'store credit'. If they had originally caught the trimming you would have simply received a PLOD and no credit at all.

On the other hand, I believe Brulato should step up and reimburse people. Didn't he give Schmell a $100,000 just to swap an FF 1 9.4 for a 9.6 ? He can afford it

Though I've been critical of their decision-making (regarding the Ewert list), I agree that this is a nice move.

Though I've been critical of their decision-making (regarding the Ewert list), I agree that this is a nice move.

It definately is a good move. (thumbs u Kudos to CGC- they are taking more than their share of the financial responsibility.

Just to be clear though, if CGC had caught the trimming, EWERT would have received the books with the PLOD, and the buyers wouldn't have been deceived by him through the sale of a CGC certified book with a restoration check that wasn't thorough enough.