• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Question for Signature enthuasiasts...

20 posts in this topic

I prefer getting signatures of creators that have something to do with the book they are signing...whether they pencilled, inked or wrote it.

That being said I realy want a Joe Simon book but Im not really into (or can't afford)Golden Age Caps. Even if I were Im not sure I would have those books signed anyways. Do you think Joe Simon sig could pretty much grace ANY Cap book? Bronze, Modern, or Copper?

Thx!

I asked this same question and got a yes...Simon can sign any Captain America book.

I've stated many times that for me, it has to be writer or artist of that particular issue but...

I'd have to say that Simon signing any Cap book is far more acceptable than Stan signing any Marvel book.

It's cool when you can put Joe Simon and Stan Lee together:

captainamerica25.jpg

Cool book! :headbang:

I've stated many times that for me, it has to be writer or artist of that particular issue but...

I'd have to say that Simon signing any Cap book is far more acceptable than Stan signing any Marvel book.

(thumbs u

I'm in the same boat for both Joe Simon and Jerry Robinson. I have neither of these creators' signatures, but am having one of the illustrious witness provide the assist. Since I can't afford to grab a GA Batman or Captain America right now, I'm sending the enlarged USPS Batman #1 post card for JR to sign, and Captain American #25 (Turner Variant) for JS to sign. It's not perfect, but it sure will do the trick b/c at the end of the day, I'll be able to say I have their signatures as a part of my collection!

One possibility that I've been doing is getting reprints signed. There are the DC Millennium Editions of Batman #1, Detective #38 and tons of others and the Marvel Milestone Editions of Cap #1. I have many of the Cap #1's all in FN or worse condition if anyone would like one. There are also German Reprints of Cap #1 that pop up on eBay regularly.

I'm in the same boat for both Joe Simon and Jerry Robinson. I have neither of these creators' signatures, but am having one of the illustrious witness provide the assist. Since I can't afford to grab a GA Batman or Captain America right now, I'm sending the enlarged USPS Batman #1 post card for JR to sign, and Captain American #25 (Turner Variant) for JS to sign. It's not perfect, but it sure will do the trick b/c at the end of the day, I'll be able to say I have their signatures as a part of my collection!

Im in the same boat, having one of our awesome witness get a Cap #25 signed for me next month.

There is a Turner Cap 25 variant?

Don't forget that Joe Simon did some other sweet stuff too - Boy Commandos, Fighting American. I think that the 70's Sandman was a Simon and Kirby book. Also there is a ton of Simon and Kirby stuff reprinted in the DC 100 pagers. There is a lot of reasonably priced Bronze Age stuff that would look great Joe Simon SS!