• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

9.8 SS vs 10 blue label

9.8 YELLOW vs 10 BLUE  

153 members have voted

1. 1. 9.8 YELLOW vs 10 BLUE

29 posts in this topic

This is a tough one but in the end considering how rare it is to get a 10.0 GEM MINT universal grade versus how rare it is to have your fav artist/writer's sig on your favorite book at only a CGC SS 9.8, IMO I say the 10.0 wins it.

Or maybe we can crack the 10.0 and have it signed by the artist/writer and hope for a 9.9 SS CGC hm

AF#15 STAN LEE/ SPAWN #1 TODD MCFARLANE 9.8 SS or AF#15/SPAWN#1 10.!!!! its a crazy thought..... i would love to see if anybody has a 9.9/10 ss

lol that would be insane. Imagine the value of either book.

Also here is one of my favorite artist but not quite my favorite cover/book, but it works :D

IMG_0479.jpg

I went with SS too. I think Stan's sig outweighs the grade. I'd rather have a CGC 3.0 Hulk #3 Stan Lee SS than a 5.0 of the same book unsigned. Of course 5.0 SS is even better and high grades are really nice, but they're so expensive it kind of kills the fun of collecting. Getting the sigs on the mid to low grade is bad enough as it is.

Being more a sig collector, 9.8 SS book would be my preference...however it would depend on which book we are talking about. If its a modern book, than it wouldn't matter to much to me...but if it were a gold/silver/bronze book, then I would rather the unsigned 10.0 because a 9.8 would be hard enough to find from those eras, but another 10.0 but be pretty much impossible.

I went with the 10.0 ... because really for most books having it in 10.0 means you could trade 'down' to a 9.8 SS. My problem is i'm looking for a 10.0 SS by michael turner.... *yeah, good luck *

Don't give up, I've seen a few come and go on ebay. ALSO, there's a few Civil Wars on comiclink that's a 10.0 SS CGC. I'd already be owning it if the seller didn't demand so much.

I'd almost always prefer a 9.8 SS because to me there's not enough difference between a 9.8 and a 10. I'm not sure it's fair to base it off of value, because I have a Doctor Who #1 in 9.8, and it's definately not worth as much as almost any other book in 10, but I'd rather have it than any 10. :)

However, if I had a load of $$ to spend on one book, I would take a 10 of any key Valiant, Doctor Who, Kubert, or Flash. :D