• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Snoopy !

22 posts in this topic

Interesting point about age with Peanuts strip; always the elephant in the room as styles changed so dramatically over time.

However, for myself (and perhaps others??) I am a child of the Peanuts movies and the LATE 60's and 70's strips capture the look and feel of the cinema and tv experiences that are burned into my brain.

I feel about 50s and early 60's Peanuts much the same way that I feel about Ayers inked Kirby from the early age of Marvel... I appreciate the historical import, but I much prefer Kirby's mid to later work where he really got rolling, the inking was refined, and the 'look' of the characters became set in stone.

Again, just my heretical opinion.... don't hate me. :sorry:

There's nothing wrong with liking what you like, especially when it means it will probably cost you less.

I would say one of my all-time favorites is the Sunday strip from the 1950s where Charlie Brown is at the comic stand reading comics. I believe Heritage sold it a few years back for crazy money (back then)

S

I was just about the mentioned that one. It would be my #1 want of all Sunday strips. It's really great.

And it sold for $50k about 6 years ago and 70k a couple years after...which was a couple years before the lid really blew off Peanuts prices.

C