• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about cgc ss....

20 posts in this topic

when you get a book signed and witnessed by cgc and then, during the grading process, restoration is found, does the book still get a yellow label? Or does it get a purple label? I'm just curious about how that works. if they get assigned a yellow label and the restoration is just noted i bet people are getting their known restoration books signed to avoid the dreaded purple label. hm

if someone has a scan of a cgc ss restored book please post it.

Here is a scan of my Spiderman 50 signed by Stan Lee and John Romita. Did not know it was restored until I got it back.

0938238002O.jpg

thanks - it's actually a purple/yellow label. very cool - just learned something new. doh!

nice book btw (worship) that's always been my fav spidey cover, well besides 62

That's all part of the risk and expense of getting SS done. A small percentage of raw books will come back restored or incomplete, even when you really try to avoid it. In my last go around, I had 3 incompletes, so those will get a grade of .5 and 1 restored. I try to check everything carefully, but can't seem to catch them all. Restored is way better than incomplete.

I've got an ASM 50 signed by John Romita Sr and Stan Lee. I love that John signs right in the middle of Spidey's back--just good placement. For Stan's sig, however, I cut out the hole where I wanted him to sign. I think Stan's great, but sometimes his signature placement isn't the most thought out.

I've got an ASM 50 signed by John Romita Sr and Stan Lee. I love that John signs right in the middle of Spidey's back--just good placement. For Stan's sig, however, I cut out the hole where I wanted him to sign. I think Stan's great, but sometimes his signature placement isn't the most thought out.

I agree, I've seen him sign in some places that make me cringe!

That's all part of the risk and expense of getting SS done. A small percentage of raw books will come back restored or incomplete, even when you really try to avoid it. In my last go around, I had 3 incompletes, so those will get a grade of .5 and 1 restored. I try to check everything carefully, but can't seem to catch them all. Restored is way better than incomplete.

You're not alone my man. I had a nice 7.0-ish batman 181 come back 0.5 because it was missing the pinup. :cry:

Blasted pinup. I have Point Five to thank for pointing out that major defect to me. Apparently that is a VERY common problem with that specific issue. :frustrated: Fortunately, I found a higher grade copy in my mother-in-law's attic to replace the one I bought....and it's getting signed by Carmine Infantino at NYCC!!!

I've been really lucky with the sig placements I get from Stan, only one or two I have really questioned and those have grown on me over time. For example of less than optimum:

tta27.jpg

hulk181.jpg

By the way, 181 lost a 1/2 point and the 27 gained a 1/2 point on grade. Even though I'm not crazy about the placement on these, I'm still happy with them. Here's an example of where I thought he did a great job considering the limited space:

avengers1.jpg

Blasted pinup. I have Point Five to thank for pointing out that major defect to me. Apparently that is a VERY common problem with that specific issue. :frustrated: Fortunately, I found a higher grade copy in my mother-in-law's attic to replace the one I bought....and it's getting signed by Carmine Infantino at NYCC!!!

Some people really dislike Carmine's pencils, but even those people have to love Batman #181. :cloud9:

I've been really lucky with the sig placements I get from Stan, only one or two I have really questioned and those have grown on me over time. For example of less than optimum:

tta27.jpg

hulk181.jpg

By the way, 181 lost a 1/2 point and the 27 gained a 1/2 point on grade. Even though I'm not crazy about the placement on these, I'm still happy with them. Here's an example of where I thought he did a great job considering the limited space:

avengers1.jpg

Great books! :headbang:

I think Stan placed his signature on this one in the best place possible (worship)

ssbooks013.jpg

Romita "sig" placement is pretty cool too! (thumbs u

I think Stan placed his signature on this one in the best place possible (worship)

ssbooks013.jpg

Oh yeah, Romita definitely thinks about where to sign....I would love to get a Romita sig on this one....but, its top census and I'm scared :eek:

ssbooks013.jpg

Oh yeah, Romita definitely thinks about where to sign....I would love to get a Romita sig on this one....but, its top census and I'm scared :eek:

Never heard of Romita destroying a book during a signing and his sigs dont overwhelm like some.

its not Romita I am worried about....its getting it out and having it handled and what not

Thats always a risk...up to you! :juggle: